Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SheriffJoe

Sierra - Another "woodsy" blend

Sierra, by Stetson, is an even more addictive & intoxicating scent than Aspen by Coty.

This is a scent that almost makes me drool if I sniff it too long (apologize for the TMI image there).

Here are the notes:

Top notes are aldehydes, artemisia, caraway, juniper berries, green notes, basil and bergamot;

Middle notes are carnation, jasmine, caraway, rose, pine tree needles and geranium;

Base notes are leather, amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and cedar.

I will attempt to do a search on the forums, but as there are so many notes to this, I am not sure something like this exists or comes close even in the bpal library. It is the longest lasting cologne I've ever used, staying on me with good throw almost ten hours after originally putting it on (two shots of the atomizer, one on each wrist, not even slathering it!). Woodsy, spicy and not a hint of floral, despite the middle notes, which I guess smooth out the base notes. But, what do I know?

Sierra is cheap to purchase at almost any outlet store. If you are out and about, give it a try or send it on to the man in your life. It's a long-lasting, sexy smell. I appreciate any and all comments. Thanks!

Edited by SheriffJoe

Bpal usually doesn't smell like mainstream cologne to me. Bpal blends seem simpler and the notes tend to just smell... different. Hard to explain. You may not find anything with those exact notes or that smells exactly like you're hoping, but I'd suggest checking out these blends (for woodsy scents with some similar notes):

*Golden Priapus (Ars Amatoria) - "Insatiable lust, unending vigor! A truly carnal, energetic men's blend: vanilla and amber with juniper, rosewood and white pine."

*Troll (Diabolus) - "This is a gruesome blend of ghastly greens and blacks: vetiver, pine pitch, troll musk, black basil, clove smoke, and scorched cumin."

*Hunter (Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere) - "Leonine amber, tanned hides, clove, and clary sage."

*Tintagel (Wanderlust) - "Spicy mulled wine flowing through the musky heat, warm leather and bright clash of armor, the damp branches of Cornish hawthorn, blackthorn, juniper, English elm and bayberry, and the magical tingle of dragon's blood resin."

*Greed (Sin & Salvation) - "Base and earthy, yet glittering with golden notes: patchouli, heliotrope, copal and oakmoss."

*Rocking-Horse-Fly (Mad Tea Party) - "Shellacked wood, sap, sawdust, and privet."

*Ranger (RPG) - "Untamed wilderness: buckskin accord with Terebinth pine, Russian birch, black ironwood, elder bark, hay, armoise, juniper, patchouli, galangal root, Spanish moss, and cabreuva."

*Rogue (RPG) - "Soft, well-worn black leather, hemp, and rosin."

Edited by Little Bird