Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I really love the Lab's "dry leaves" notes (as in Falling Leaf Moon, October, etc.), so I'm thinking of adding Autumn and Winter to my next order. Problem is, I'm afraid of that "winter wind" note, thinking it might make Autumn and Winter smell too similar to Sonnet d'Automne or November (where the mint/ozone/snow/whatever it was notes turned it to a screeching cologne on me). Can anyone tell me how they compare, and if it might be better to skip this one?

For me, the berry and ozone in Autumn and Winter overwhelmed the leaf note. The winter wind smelled a lot like an aquatic, turning the scent into a wet leaf smell.

I can't say whether it would turn to screeching cologne on you, but on me the faint sweetness of the berries kept it from turning exactly to an aquatic cologne though it was heading in that direction.

Edited by patina

For me, the berry and ozone in Autumn and Winter overwhelmed the leaf note. The winter wind smelled a lot like an aquatic, turning the scent into a wet leaf smell.

I can't say whether it would turn to screeching cologne on you, but on me the faint sweetness of the berries kept it from turning exactly to an aquatic cologne though it was heading in that direction.

That's exactly what November did on me, I remember that too, and thought Autumn and Winter might do the same.

Edited by ChaosKitty

Just wanted to say that I got Midwinter's Eve today and OH MY GOD it's the lovliest thing I have ever smelled! I totally feel like a cat smelling catnip right now, I don't know what to do with myself, it feels like sniffing on my body (I slathered it everywhere) isn't enough, I just want to pour it into a puddle and roll around in it! Wiiiiie :rofl:

I really don't need two big bottles of "cold, soft and sweet girly winter scent," so I've decided to buy Snow White or Pink Snowballs, not both. However, I'm having a hard time deciding which one I should get.

I like vanilla, but I'm well supplied with vanilla-dominant scents, and if I'm going to buy another big bottle I want it to be more of an ensemble than The Vanilla Show.

Suggestions? Comparisons? Relevant personal experiences?

I really don't need two big bottles of "cold, soft and sweet girly winter scent," so I've decided to buy Snow White or Pink Snowballs, not both. However, I'm having a hard time deciding which one I should get.

I like vanilla, but I'm well supplied with vanilla-dominant scents, and if I'm going to buy another big bottle I want it to be more of an ensemble than The Vanilla Show.

Suggestions? Comparisons? Relevant personal experiences?

I don't know if you already purchased your bottle yet, but I smelled both yesterday and liked Snow White better, it was more complex and unique, and the vanilla was more apparent but also tempered by the other notes in there. Pink Snowballs was rose and a strange vanilla-like scent, I didn't much care for it. I would go for Snow White over Pink Snowballs.

Edited by Drae