Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Edeniade

Soap & Glory to BPAL

I recently picked up a big bottle of Soap & Glory's 'The Scrub of Your Life' and, can I just say, it smells bloody fantastic! Of course, it is also a great exfoliator and my elbows have never been softer, but now I've found myself caring less about the softness and more about having this delicious scent on my skin all. the. time. The scent of any and all shower gels wears off pretty quickly, so I would like to find a BPAL equivalent to take over!

The bottle isn't terribly descriptive as to the perfumes used, but it does list mandarin peel, linalool (floral with touch of spice), geraniol (rose-ish), & limonene (citrusy). Overall, I'd say the scent is vaguely similar to Gucci 'Rush'.

I hope someone at least knows a bit of what I'm talking about! A pointer in the right direction to the BPAL of my dreams would be great icon_biggrin.gif

Oh good grief...I will be checking this thread non stop - I love Gucci's Rush! :)

I've really loved all the Soap & Glory stuff I've tried, but I haven't tried this scrub yet. I did poke around a little bit and saw that Sephora is not just selling it, they've got notes listed. :D Here's what they say: ". . .Soap & Glory's signature Pink Fragrance combines fresh bergamot and mandarin, rose, jasmine, peach, strawberry, oakmoss, amber, woody notes and warm vanilla musk, amber, and warm vanilla notes on the bottom." (Some of their other bath and body products feature a blend they call Mist You Much, which is bergamot, black currant, magnolia, freesia, vanilla, and musk.)

Oh amazing! I had no idea all of that was on Sephora. It sounds like the first set of ingredients more closely resembles the scrub that I have.

Is there a BPAL around that includes all of those notes? I can't think of a lot with a few of them, but not all of them.

You might have to layer some scents to achieve what you want - it's really rare to find a BPAL blend with notes that match a non-BPAL perfume or product. Maybe look for fruity vanillas? Tamora is a peachy, amber vanilla that you might like.