Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tawaen

Streuobstwiese Soap

STREUOBSTWIESE
Bright red apples, apple blossom, apricot blossom, and meadow flowers scattered over a soft, thick blanket of grass.

According the Wiki, Streuobstwiese is a German word that means a meadow with scattered fruit trees or fruit trees that are planted in a field.

The soap is smooth and silky, and even room temperature and dry smells of lovely, juicy apples. It's a green soap, but the apple note is all sweet and bright and red.

This isn't the strongest smelling BPTP soap I've tried, but it does lather nicely and releases a sweet apple smell, with an undertone of green florals. Not that the flower notes are green, but I think the grass note is kind of giving that impression. It stabilizes the blend and makes it a bit more interesting and less super sweet. Really, I don't get a lot of the flowers, and I can't pick out the grass individually at all. This soap smells like APPLE and a little background of scattered flowers.

It's lovely, especially with the dry fall weather. :wub2:

Light green apples, not like a tart Granny Smith, though. I can detect some florals and a hint of grass. This will be perfect for spring and summer. (Note that this is a cold sniff review.)

Though this was in the Halloweenie release, I immediately knew I wanted to save this for summer use, and June has turned out to be the perfect time for it. The apple note is dominant, and it's definitely red and juicy. Backing that are the fruit blossoms, and then there is a nice green grass note enveloping the whole thing. Like all these soap collaborations, it lathers very well, and I do detect a hint of that sort of Play-Doh-like soap base. I don't find that there is much scent that sticks to my skin after the shower, but it scents the bathroom nicely and I enjoy using it.

This smells faintly of apples, white flowers and a whiff of grass. It's beautiful and I wish I had purchased it fresh. I do have to say that for a soap that is close to 10 years in age, it's still amazing. Lovely lather.