Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sage with orris, Florentine iris and a drop of civet.

1247051851_YNner-Ti.jpg

Civet can be iffy, but in this blend it’s exactly the wild note needed to deepen the iris, sage, and orris of this Poe line perfume. At first sniff, one might be a bit put off by the civet (it can be a bit overwhelming) but it calms down somewhat and the loveliness of the iris and sage combination comes forward, along with the orris (which is a longtime Southern potpourri scent). I love this blend; it’s feminine but untamed -- the tigress rather than the cow.

Edited by stellans

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Sagey, floral powder. Orris and iris, whoa. The sage isn't too harsh or medicinal, and I'm not really getting any civet.

Wet: Soapy, and much more powdery. I'm reminded of old lady violet-scented talcum powder with dried powdered sage on top. Hmm, but it is a little nicely musky, too.

Dry: I really like the civet! It's basically a really rich, sexy musk - I think this is the first blend I've tried that has it officially listed as a note.

Later: The orris is quite powdery and the sage soapy. I like the iris here, but not enough to override those two.

Summary: Great throw and difficult to remove. A little goes a loooong way.

Blargh soap. Ended up washing it off and replacing with something else.

Blargh say I.

I can't believe this little gem doesnt get more love! Is it the civet scaring you away? Give this one a test, it really is jsut a drop, so you can't smell it on its own. I mostly smell orris/iris, with just an undercurrent of sage -- this is a sparkling scent. Now, granted this is probably fairly aged at this point... but I love love this. Permanent bottle collection material here. Definitely wearing this summer =)

eta: I get a musky feel from this as well, I remember thinking this was like a sparkly white musk -- that must be the civet effect. Must track down more examples to test ;)

Edited by CaudaPavonis

Iris and orris is all I get here. It's very powdery and on me it smells like my gran's linen closet where she kept all of her bathing powders, spare bandages, and similar medical supplies. It's not inherently bad, but it is powdery, sterile, and a bit old. I'd wager that it's just my chemistry acting up, but I still can't wear it.