Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Shadowdawn

Suggestions Based on Pictures/Images!

Hello all, I searched the recommendations forum to see if there was something like this up, but i couldn't find anything! Please let me know if it's in the wrong section.

I was thinking we could all post our pictures here (of different outfits or times in our life, or styles), or some image we associate with ourselves for various reasons (such as jewlery or flowers, pictures, statues), and then get advice based on that-- what kind of scent would be best paired with that outfit, look, hair, event, etc.

And anyway, I would love to hear what scent you guys would imagine would go well with this picture of me:

Image047-2.jpg

My favorite perfumes from BPAL thus far have been: Katrina Van Tassle, Inferno, Agape, Dana O'Shea, Moon Rose (love love love!), Absinthe (to layer with sweeter scents such as Stinky).

My other all-time favorite perfumes are: First Light Organza by Givinchy, Rock n Rose by Valentino, Masquarade by Bob Mackie, Jacob by Jacob, and Eternal Summer from the Bath and Body Works.

Any thoughts? Thanks :)

Edited by Phox

Very cool idea ^_^ that picture made me think of these blends (and I just want to add that you are gorgeous and I love that outfit <3):

*Black Opal (Bewitching Brews) - "A play of geological darkness and jagged brilliance. Soft and luminescent with flashes of black fire."

*Bon Vivant (Bewitching Brews) - "An effervescent blend of crystalline champagne notes and sweet strawberry." Which I think was more the champagne than the strawberry.

*Dorian (Sin & Salvation) - "A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea."

*Evening Star (Demon in my View LE) - "A chill, crystalline nocturnal perfume: moonflower with oriental poppy, fairy lily, orris and night gladiolus."

*Lyonesse (Wanderlust) - "Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss."

*Ninon (bptp LE) - "Smoky honey musk, tobacco leaf, lavender, golden amber, Damask rose, hay, orris root, white sandalwood, and bourbon vanilla."

*The Rose (Marchen) - "The promise of a rose: red rose petals, fresh sap, and the sharp green scent of stem and leaf."

*Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds (Marchen) - "Red roses, dazzling crystalline musks, and pearlescent coconut-tinged orris."

*White Rose (bptp LE) - "White rose buds, with vanilla tea, benzoin, orris, coconut meat, and frankincense."

Mostly blends that strike me as being classy, cool, and well put together.

Edited by Little Bird

Very cool idea ^_^ that picture made me think of these blends (and I just want to add that you are gorgeous and I love that outfit <3):

*Black Opal (Bewitching Brews) - "A play of geological darkness and jagged brilliance. Soft and luminescent with flashes of black fire."

*Bon Vivant (Bewitching Brews) - "An effervescent blend of crystalline champagne notes and sweet strawberry." Which I think was more the champagne than the strawberry.

*Dorian (Sin & Salvation) - "A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea."

*Evening Star (Demon in my View LE) - "A chill, crystalline nocturnal perfume: moonflower with oriental poppy, fairy lily, orris and night gladiolus."

*Lyonesse (Wanderlust) - "Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss."

*Ninon (bptp LE) - "Smoky honey musk, tobacco leaf, lavender, golden amber, Damask rose, hay, orris root, white sandalwood, and bourbon vanilla."

*The Rose (Marchen) - "The promise of a rose: red rose petals, fresh sap, and the sharp green scent of stem and leaf."

*Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds (Marchen) - "Red roses, dazzling crystalline musks, and pearlescent coconut-tinged orris."

*White Rose (bptp LE) - "White rose buds, with vanilla tea, benzoin, orris, coconut meat, and frankincense."

Mostly blends that strike me as being classy, cool, and well put together.

Awww, thanks Little Bird! :hugs:

and, *DROOOL* :wub3: Bon Vivant, Black Opal, Lyoness, Evening Star and Roses/pearls/diamonds, all sound SOOOO AMAZING!! And white rose is my favorite singular aroma ^.^

Thanks for the amazing recommendations :D :wub2:

Phox:

I could actually see Black Dahlia here. Some kind of smokey rose.

Also, maybe Jezebel (honey, orange blossom, roses)

Eos- for something softer (jasmine and musk)

Three Brides- again with the orange/rose combination

Brisingamen- a deep rich amber

Pele- a soft, tropical floral

I could also picture London working really well - tea rose

and Persephone- rpse and pomegranate

and maybe Black Butterfly Moon

and as far as non-bpal, Pacifica makes a really nice Nerola orange blossom perfume.

I would like to do this too- how did you post the picture? (I have a Mac)

I would like to do this too- how did you post the picture? (I have a Mac)

Ohh, wonderful suggestions, I always did want to try Jezabel and London!

It'd be so exciting if you wanted to put up a pic to! Hmm... mac mac.... i've never had one, but i assume you upload pictures to a hosting site ( I use www.photobucket.com ), by going to upload now and just selecting the files and uploading it, then just take the link next to (or under) the picture and copy/paste it here in the response box.... not sure if there is another procedure to this with a mac though...

So- here is my picture. Phox- I agree that you're gorgeous btw.

I've been biking and working in the yard and I'm sweaty and covered with gnat paste but the moon is swimming into pisces and I feel really like myself so I took this tonight. :D

see if this works...

Photo416.jpg

Awww you're so pretty, and that smile is gorgeous! Love the red hair... hmm, well based on the description of what you were doing I would think something a bit earth, but I would also say there's some sweet fire also!

Hmm... perhaps,

Pele: Whimsical, temperamental, radiant and ravishingly beautiful Goddess of Volcanoes, Fire, Lightning and Dance. She is the Mother of Eruptions and the personification of destructive power. Volcanic eruptions are said to be a side-effect of her jealous rages and her epic quarrels with her siblings are legendary. This perfume embodies her gentler, benign aspect as the capricious Goddess of Dance: muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms.

Eden (for that lush gardeness and activity): At the center of the Garden of Eden stands the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Though modern interpretations of the Bible claim that it was an apple that the Serpent of the Tree offered to Eve, it is widely believed that the true Fruit of True Knowledge was, in fact, a fig. This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

The Hanging Gardens (more of the same): This perfume is an interpretation of the Hanging Gardens by night, based on further accounts of its fruit and flora: date palm, ebony, fir, pomegranate, plum, two pears, quince, fig, and grapevine with plumeria, three gardenias and dry rose.

The Zieba Tree: A massive tree that held, in its lowest boughs, a nest of bare-breasted men and women. The souls sprawled within the Zieba Tree’s branches were trapped in reverie, lost for all eternity in their fantasies. A dreamlike, listless scent, misty and hazed, with wisps of white sandalwood, eddying musks the colors of eventide, shimmering pale resins, davana, lemon blossom, orange blossom, and white peach.

Aureus (for it's moon-like quality): True, perfect golden light, refined into an incomparably glorious scent.

Thanks :) those are neat suggestions. My favorite so far is Sacred Whore of Babylon but Pele is great!

I want to try eden and the zieba tree as well.

Awww you're so pretty, and that smile is gorgeous! Love the red hair... hmm, well based on the description of what you were doing I would think something a bit earth, but I would also say there's some sweet fire also!

Hmm... perhaps,

Pele: Whimsical, temperamental, radiant and ravishingly beautiful Goddess of Volcanoes, Fire, Lightning and Dance. She is the Mother of Eruptions and the personification of destructive power. Volcanic eruptions are said to be a side-effect of her jealous rages and her epic quarrels with her siblings are legendary. This perfume embodies her gentler, benign aspect as the capricious Goddess of Dance: muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms.

Eden (for that lush gardeness and activity): At the center of the Garden of Eden stands the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Though modern interpretations of the Bible claim that it was an apple that the Serpent of the Tree offered to Eve, it is widely believed that the true Fruit of True Knowledge was, in fact, a fig. This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

The Hanging Gardens (more of the same): This perfume is an interpretation of the Hanging Gardens by night, based on further accounts of its fruit and flora: date palm, ebony, fir, pomegranate, plum, two pears, quince, fig, and grapevine with plumeria, three gardenias and dry rose.

The Zieba Tree: A massive tree that held, in its lowest boughs, a nest of bare-breasted men and women. The souls sprawled within the Zieba Tree’s branches were trapped in reverie, lost for all eternity in their fantasies. A dreamlike, listless scent, misty and hazed, with wisps of white sandalwood, eddying musks the colors of eventide, shimmering pale resins, davana, lemon blossom, orange blossom, and white peach.

Aureus (for it's moon-like quality): True, perfect golden light, refined into an incomparably glorious scent.

Sign in to follow this