Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
imaginepageant

Sassafras!

I've just tried Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener for the first time, and it's an immediate favorite that I will be ordering a bottle of ASAP! It's gotten me wanting to try anything and everything with sassafras, which I can see becoming a favorite note.

So, what blends have sassafras? Tombstone is already high on my wishlist. I also know that Laudanum and Port au Prince have sassafras; Laudanum's going on the wishlist, but I recall Port au Prince being super buttery on me. Are there any others I should try?

ETA: It figures - the butter note in SSS has gone rancid on my skin, like butter usually does. No bottle for me after all. :cry2: Now I'm even more keen to find blends with sassafras - particularly without butter!

Edited by imaginepageant

I second Tombstone and Slaugh, and I agree that Slaugh is like a less buttery/creamy version of SSS. You might also try to track down The Elephantine Colossus and The Anti-Saloon League, though those can be a bit hard to find.

Spicebush Swallowtail is a bit easier to find for a LE, and it has sassafras.

Sassafras is one of my all time favorite notes. If you can find any Anti-Saloon League, I highly suggest it. It's Sassafras and cream and most divine. Tombstone and Slaugh are the other two I would recommend.

I get sassafras from The Soldier. (weird, given the notes, but I wasn't the only one to get it, so...)

Sign in to follow this