Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Gwydion

Planting Moon v5

In bottle: It’s a lot greener than the real planting moon. It has a strong dirt note and I swear it makes me think of rain puddles in a garden. The tomato leaf is a lot less prominent. This is more crush vines and faint vegetable garden. It’s interesting, but I’m not in love with it the way I am with the release version. Wet: It’s a touch floral, and lemony. I’m guessing lemongrass rather than citrus due to me amping citrus and not lemon grass, and this isn’t amped. The crushed vines and faint squashiness is sharp and not nearly as well mixed. The dirt remains lovely. It’s faintly lemony. Dry: Vaguely woody, faint traces of plants and dirt. It’s fast fading.

Planting Moon v5 is like a cross of the released version of Planting Moon and Host of Air. I amp up the lilies in this one, and it ends up being soapy. It is far less green, and much more flowery and with a hint of dirt on the drydown.

Received a frottle of this with an order at the end of 2021.

In the bottle it smells like wet soil and green plants.

Wet on my skin, there is a slightly spicy note, like a single tomato leaf, blended in with other wet green earthy smells. (Not nearly as prominent of a tomato leaf as in the 2020 ménage blend of Tomato Leaf, Black Pepper, and Hay Absolute.) Smells exactly like leaning your face close to the ground in the middle of a spring garden. 

As it dries, a gentle floral note emerges and blends with the overall garden smell - very soft and fresh. This scent stays close to the skin for me.