Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

Holiday Joy Massage Oil

HOLIDAY JOY
Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough. - Emily Dickinson

Clary sage, peppermint, blood orange, lavender, geranium, juniper berry, bay laurel, King mandarin, and opoponax.

Almond oil, refined rice bran oil, fractionated coconut, rosehip seed oil, Citrus aurantium subspecies amara, Pelargonium graveolens, Lavandula angustifolia, Salvia sclarea, Juniperus communis, evening primrose, vitamin E, and our Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume blend.

I had a massage scheduled on Saturday, so when my bottle of this arrived on Thursday, I knew I'd be bringing it in with me. My massage therapist and I both agreed that it smells phenomenal. On me, it's mostly clary sage, geranium, juniper berry with some citrus to brighten it up. It's an extremely therapeutic scent -- very joyful in a calming and relaxing sort of way. I could smell the scent on my skin a good 9-10 hours after application. It's a very herbal scent that I would put in a similar category as Bitch or Holiday Stress Relief Elixir. It's just wonderful and I'm bringing it with me to my next massage, as well.

What a gem! Like its stress-relieving counterpart, this is lavender, mint, clary sage, and geranium. However, it all takes a backseat to the glorious King mandarin and blood orange. In the bottle, I couldn't tell much difference between Holiday Stress Relief and Holiday Joy--they both smelled nice, but I was slightly disappointed (do I really need both?). On the skin, though, the oranges really pop and set this apart from HSR. It's calming, yet energizing, if that makes any sense. I feel like it helps my mind snap back into focus, and the oranges makes me feel happy and uplifted. Good stuff. :smilenod:

Oh god, I totally need this to come back OR score some second hand.

Holiday Joy smells mainly of oranges, mandarin, hint of peppermint, clary sage and geranium. This smells happy. It smells comforting, and uplifting and I wouldn't use it as a massage oil but as a moisturizer.

And I'd smell like happy oranges.

OMG. WANT.

mainly oranges/mandarin with some peppermint and laurel/juniper/sage

there's a sweetness to the oranges that's also almost herbal

it's unusual but nice, but you need to like orange/mandarin