Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

Mr. Fezziwig's Ball

Mince pie, dark beer, a well-loved spruce wood fiddle, and bow resin.

Bought a bottle off the Lab's Etsy!

First off...in the bottle this is intense! Rich, dark, sweet, woodsy, "meaty". Mmmmm fantastic. Buttery spices, a dark caramel-ly chewy beer, and a warm comforting woodsiness.

On skin, a lot of the buttery pie note recedes. The woods bring a tiny bit of fresh coolness forward with the rosin. Still spicy--cloves, which my skin is good at finding.

I LOVE this. Festive but mellow, evocative and complex. This scent feels like it has a history. I don't think of a lively ball, rather an old low-ceilinged pub where good friends have gathered for a pint for centuries: warmth and comfort within, cold winds without.

(Edit: bpal's scent description)

In the bottle: Mince pie, dark beer, and bow resin. 

On my skin: 

Wet, I get an immediate blast of a slightly bitter note. I can't determine if it's an element of the beer or the fiddle wood. As it dries, it's back to mince pie, and now it's aaaalllll mince pie. This stays pretty truly mince pie on me, though the eventual drydown brings back an element -- now less bitter and clearly wood -- of the fiddle. It's a very nice holiday spicy scent without being Holiday Spice (TM) or overly foodie.