Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Little Bird

Croquet Claw Polish

Gloss
Flamboyant flamingo pink.

I really like this color, though I normally wear reds and gray-black shades. Most of the pink shades that I've tried have either been too sheer and milky baby pink or they're an obnoxious hot pink. This sort of falls somewhere in the middle for me (like an amped up baby pink that packs a lot of punch and looks really solid).

The polish itself is on the thicker side of things and was a bit hard to spread over my nail evenly, and didn't quite cover the tips of my nails as well as I would have liked. Still, it's a good polish and an interesting color. I used three coats, but I probably could have gotten away with two.

I tried to take some pictures to show the color, but my camera isn't the best in the world:

Croquet2.jpg

Croquet1.jpg

Depending on the lighting, it sometimes strikes me as being a lighter pink and sometimes darker... hopefully those pictures help somewhat, lol.

I really like this polish - I've only ever used two metallic claw polishes, so this is my first experience with one of the BPTP "jelly" ones.

Here's how it turned out on first go:

4552419725_bc1737b06f_m.jpg

I used a clear under coat, one coat of Croquet, and a clear overcoat.

The polish was very thick on the brush, but very easy to work with. Most jellies can have an "overlap" problem if you have to take your brush away from the nail, but I didn't have that here at all. I also noticed that if I very patiently let most of the polish go back into the bottle, it wasn't quite as thick, so it was a bit easier to put on.

In full natural light, the color is a nice pale pink. In shadow, or office light, the pink is a bit deeper, and more "Barbie," but in the best way.

I don't know that I've ever used polishes as flawless as the ones from the Lab. They are amazing. I used Croquet over the weekend and my nails came out near-perfect. I'm not a great manicurist, so I tend to use glitters and such in order to distract the viewer from my less-than-adequate painting ability. Croquet needs no such embellishments. One coat gave me near-opaque coverage, two was gorgeous and even with NO bubbling. I can't believe how great my nails look! Colorwise, mine look just like Jenn2D2's-a perfect Barbie-bubblegum pink.