Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Invidiana

Blue Moon 2009: Elizabeth's Creation

Mugwort, for psychic sensitivity... Calea Zacatechichi, for divination through dreams... Orchid and frankincense, for complexity, wisdom and noscere... with a potent lunar-charged, oneirongenic blend of blue musk, exquisite woods, moonflower, Madagascan ylang ylang, Florentine iris, Greek cypress, green tea absolute, palmarosa, cucumber, Clary sage, lavender, lemon balm, and passion fruit.

My experience with this perfume is very similar to fairnymph's... sharp florals at first, then it turned soapy. Now it's kind of powdery. Not quite what I was hoping for.

What a beautiful scent! All spices and florals with just a hint of aquatics, and OMG the throw. It is quite the morpher too -- about every 15 minutes another note comes to the forefront. Soooo glad I found a bottle of this one! :wub2:

Too floral. I get nothing of the woods or incense. The blue musk tends to go sweet on my skin, so overall, this is not the blend for me.

Bottle: Ethereal is the best descriptioin that comes to mind. I can definitely pick out the cypress (boo! hiss!) and the cucumber. The blue musk is fairly strong in this.

Wet: The wet phase is pretty weird. The woods are fairly strong and the orchid acquires this weird molasses-like scent that has happened in other scents.

Dry: The green tea and cucumber come out stronger and battle the cyrpress and orchid into submission making this a cool, semi-aquatic floral/resin. It's darker in tone than my beloved Blue Moon 07 and clearly not the same animal while maybe still hanging out in the same genus.

Throw: Moderate to mild.

Overall: I like it and tested it out again because I found it languishing in the swap box. I can see why it wound up there, because it is pretty and accessible but doesn't have the same wow factor my Blue Moon 07 does. The cypress really brings it down for me.

On me, this smelled like Sleepy Moon (which I liked a lot) + a LOT of flowers (which I did not care for so much). I got a little bit of the spices, but they were mostly drowned out by the strong florals. I spilled a little on my fingers when I was opening the decant, and then after I washed my hands, I got an extremely strong smell of pickles! Not sure what is doing that (cucumber + something else?), but not terribly pleasant. Glad to have gotten to try it, but I don't think this was a winner for me.