Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

vetiver likes me but it likes me a little too much. Once if ages it calms down and lets the rest of the blend play.

right now this nothing but a new vetiver single note. It’s a very green almost mentholy vetiver. I’ll let this age and the vetiver calm down before I make a call

It smells like a cat in a forest! Many cat owners say their cats smell sweet between their ears, one of mine certainly does (the other doesn't), and the civet smells just like him only much stronger. It's definitely a clean sweet cat smell rather than dirty cat pee, with a fresh herbal foresty background, and musk which makes it more wild animal than housecat. The vetiver is more grassy than smoky. It's VERY strong though, I used a tiny drop and it can be smelt across the room. I think the strength helps evoke a HUGE cat (rather than a normal sized cat), but I have to be careful with it. I love it, but I can't wear it out (except maybe hiking alone) because it's so strong. It's also long-lasting and hard to wash off, so I avoid it even if I'm not going out for several hours. But when I can wear it, it's one of my favourites.

(I got Yule Cat before I had cats, and the other day I noticed my cat's head smelt familiar so I dug out the bottle!)

Edited by Tungerine