Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Parker Lily

Upon sniffing this wet I actually got more of a floral citrus than the in-your-face floral I was expecting. It starts off as more of a juicy citrus with a gentle floral background, and as it dries down the citrus calms and the soft creamy white lily emerges along with its green stems and leaves and a swirl of red musk. There is no questioning that this is exquisitely blended, and I do like the combination of lily and citrus, but unfortunately the light lily/green notes facing off against the red musk--which amps with time--on my skin end up somewhat discordant. For that reason it's not something I'm going to go rabidly hunting but I will try it again.

Was fairied a tester of this (you know who you are!)

I don't think this smells at all like Black Lily, other than having the same lily note in it.

If I had to pick out the notes, I would guess: lilies, some kind of fruit (I don't think it's melon, but it could be) and red/brown musk. I don't think this has amber as amber on my skin has a very distinct smell (that I LOVE). I really think the "sweet" smell comes from the musk, and I really think it's red musk, but only a drop. I would not be surprised if there was some cognac in there. Cognac is one of my very favorite notes in BPAL perfume - I don't know what it specifically smells like, perfume-wise, but it seems to round out and warm up scents that I love.

This is utterly beautiful and I will treasure my tester!

A very generous B-pal shared this with me.

In the vial: Musk and lilies, but there's something else in here that I should be recognizing but don't.

Wet: Heavenly honeyed lily over a rich musky base. Extremely sexy.

One hour: It is still sweet, but it no longer reminds me of the Tiger Lily honeyed note. It's not the green, Daylilies at the Bottom of the Stairs lily note, nor Imperious Tiger-Lily either. It's not stargazer lily either. Instead, it's a darker, spicier, more hard-edged note against a thick background of sweet musk. Maybe that's black musk? This is dark, compelling, rich, and just a bit scary.

Two hours: Okay, this is starting to remind me of, let's see. Storyville and Black Lace, for sure; it's the same kind of vanilla, maybe boozy note. Also I'm getting The Illustrated Woman as well as Voodoo; I think it's the interplay of pine and vanilla, maybe patchouli too. Because there's definitely an evergreen note and a touch of patchouli. But over that is the slightly sharp, dark lily note. The base seems musky, maybe a really rich skin musk because it also reminds me of both Velvet Nudie and Giant Vulva. Hmmm, maybe that's sugar cane too? Or beeswax? At any rate, this is deliciously complex, dark, sweet.

Four hours: The patchouli, pine, and lily have cut back now. I'm left mostly with the softer notes, the skin musk, the sugar cane/beeswax, and just a touch of vanilla. I have been cooking and cleaning as I tested, so my wrist has been subjected to a lot of steam and water, which might account for the fading.

I never got anything that read as red musk on my skin. Nor did I pick up on much in the way of fruit. But this was spectacular on me anyway -- probably the most expensive perfume I'll ever love. :cry2: