Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ElinaMakropulos

Viola v3

Unreleased Prototype....no description given

Well, with a name like Viola I figured it would be a floral scent, and it certainly is! But it's more of a "purple" floral, a pansy or petunia or something you would find growing in your garden rather than in a florist's refrigerator. It doesn't have that sharpness that white florals so often do; rather it's all soft edges and wispiness. Amazingly it does not go powdery or soapy on me and it retains that "purple" feeling. Maybe that's the influence of the name. It reminds me of nothing so much as my mother's flowerbeds in her front yard - flowery as opposed to floral, with just a teensy hint of green. No soil.

It's really lovely and I'm glad I took a chance on it unsniffed :wub2:

Edited by ElinaMakropulos

This one is a bright, cheery white floral. I do believe it has either pansy or petunia in it, and it kinda smells like Nivea Cream to me, so some kind of orchid? Its purple, creamy and feminine without being soft or cloying.

Very pretty.

Sniffed: Slightly brownish amber coloured oil. Sour rose (see: The Empress, The Miller's Daughter) and some heady white florals, a little soapy and powdery.

Wet: Same, but instantly more powdery. There is definitely a massive amber base. The rose is SO sour, almost makes my mouth pucker to smell it. For the other white floral(s) - I'm getting magnolia, I'm almost positive. And something else that goes straight to soap on me, which could be any number of things. Also, orris/violet for sure is contributing to this powderiness.

Summary: Rose & violet powdery soap with rich, warm amber. Decent throw and good longevity.

Yech!