Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymoose

If I like Monyette...

Huh. I guess (from looking it up online) that the notes in Monyette are:

Tahitian gardenia, French Muguet du bois, Nag Champa

So....gardenia, lily, and nag champa....

The first scent that comes to mind is Sacred Whore of Babylon. It's a gardenia scent, but it's also spicy... Which sounds very similar to the notes which Monyette has.

Next, I'd say Pele, because it shares the muguet note... and has that same tahitian/tropical feel that seems to be in Monyette.

I'd also recommend Scherezade, because everytime I wear it out I inevitably get a comment that it smells like Nag Champa. It perhaps won't be as floral as you like, but it's worth trying.

Also, maybe Desdemona? It's got sweet pea, carnation, and water lily, so it's straight florals... But carnation always lends spiciness to a blend, so this might be the floral w/ spice that works out for you.

Also, maybe Hakkotsu or Spectre because they've got lily but also because they've got a wood note in there to calm down the floral a bit...

Anywho, I hope that helps. :P

It's funny that you ask, because I was just wearing Jezebel the other day and thought it bore a certain resemblance to Monyette Paris. Jezebel blended with single-note Gardenia might even bring it closer.

Or perhaps single-note Honey and Gardenia with a touch of Vanilla?

Perhaps Veil. Lab description: "A quiet scent, soft, calm and enigmatic. A perfume of mystery, of whispers, and of secrets behind secrets. White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang."

I haven't tried it yet myself, then again I also haven't tried Monyette...

As far as blending Gardenia and Vanilla single notes, I have done that and it's AWESOME!

i sprayed some monyette on me when i was in a beauty shop in new orleans. i remember liking it but didn't have money for it, and still have not got around to purchasing.

but i do not recall sacred whore or any bpal scents to be similar thus far, but i'd probably have to re-sniff monyette again to be sure. it's been awhile now.

i would recommend to try scherezade though. it has a warm incense tone to it that you may like.

I LOVE Monyette too, but I haven't run across any BPAL that smells like it. But I'd say Alice has a similar feel, the same balance of cream, floral, and spice. Next I'd suggest Pele, which is pure tropical flowers. I did not find Sacred Whore or Le Serpent Qui Danse to be very similar at all (even with the gardenia).

I find Monyette to be strongly tropical vanilla and gardenia, very creamy and almost coconutty. That might help others to make some more suggestions.

Sign in to follow this