Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
levelek

Looking for something like Cuba Orange, Cuba Gold

Hello again everyone! I posted this query months ago on the 'favourite perfume' thread, but I didn't receive any suggestions there. I'd be very thankful for some expert help here!

I am looking for something similar to a perfume my brother used for a while. It was a sensual, somewhat masculine, somewhat woody but not too heavy smell, with a well blended jasmine that didn't scream. I found one online description of the perfume that may have been it, which gave the notes as 'bergamot, lavender, vetiver, woods and jasmine'. I think the woods include sandalwood, maybe with a touch of cedar.

Any recommendations will be gratefully received!

Edited by ivyandpeony
added brand name(s) for future searches

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest a few things I 've tried that include those notes.

Himerus A passion-rousing blend of juniper, sandalwood, rosewood, red musk, orchid, bergamot and lilac.

Cordelia The essence of faith, love and devotion: lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk.

Faiza, the Black Mamba A sensual blend of twisting, exotic, serpentine oils: black amber, caraway, oakmoss, green sandalwood, bergamot, jasmine sambac, gardenia, orange pulp, vanilla, blackberry, black musk, white honey, ti leaf, and ginger.

I love Himerus and Faiza... and thats all I got right now.

Hm, it sounds interesting! Without having smelled it, it's hard to say with so many notes what may have been prominent. Here are some ideas from things I've tried, with the ones I like more at the top:

Salome - almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk.

Fallen - Cherubic white sandalwood and golden musk with a dark halo of amber, a breath of imperial florals, unbending woods, and the shadow cast by vetiver and violet.

Titus Andronicus - Dark musk and black amber with frankincense, red sandalwood, neroli and bergamot. (but there's no jasmine listed)

Moscow - imperial rose, carnation, lush jasmine, lily of the valley, dark musk, amber, bergamot and gilded tangerine.

Thank you very much for the replies, mejuxtaposed and sqwook! The scent I am looking for was definitely warm and tending towards dry. The wood and the bergamot definitely predominating over the other notes. Nothing aquatic or fruity about it, so Faiza seems to be out (based on the reviews). Also definitely no note of osmanthus or frankincense. I am reading through the rest of the recommendations now!

Edited by levelek

Casanova, maybe? "...leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli."

Or The Caterpillar, "Heavy incense notes ... carnation, jasmine, bergamot, and neroli over a lush bed of dark mosses, iris blossom, deep patchouli and indolent vetiver".

Sign in to follow this