Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
venividibitchy

Any Amouage fans?

Do there happen to be any other Amouage fans on here?

Obviously, Amouage Gold is the epitome of a scent for me, and it has changed the way I've looked at fragrance forever (Omani history and culture will fascinate any lover of perfume), but...it's encouraged me that perhaps, I might actually enjoy some of BPAL's more Eastern incense-y blends. I hate cinnamon and pumpkin pie scents, though, and anything heavy on the patchouli just isn't my speed. If ginger or rosemary or lavender (allergy) is present, I'm out, too. As you can tell, my nose is a picky customer.

Here are the notes of my favorite one (oddly enough, I don't usually like rose or lily of the valley, but in this blend, I'm utterly sold):

Top notes: Rock rose, Lily of the Valley, silver frankincense

Heart notes: Myrrh, orris, jasmine

Base notes: Ambergris, civet, musk, cedar, sandalwood

Might there be some BPAL you would recommend, along these lines?

Hi, I have Amouage gold (a very little bit left) never occurred to me to research a BPAL equivanlent but now you have triggered me ;-)

From the commercial scent i found that Joy by Patou reminds me a bit of Amouage. In 2 weeks i am going to Dubai again and for sure going to buy a new bottle :-) I can't get it anywere here in Ireland...

Hi, I have Amouage gold (a very little bit left) never occurred to me to research a BPAL equivanlent but now you have triggered me ;-)

From the commercial scent i found that Joy by Patou reminds me a bit of Amouage. In 2 weeks i am going to Dubai again and for sure going to buy a new bottle :-) I can't get it anywere here in Ireland...

NEAT; I'm glad someone else out there is familiar with it. It's somewhat obscure.

Parfums Raffy (online shop) might ship it to you in Ireland.

The price is just outrageous, in general, though...that's what stops me from wearing it very often. It's also not exactly an everyday scent, though sometimes, I'll put a bit on, anyway. I'd be happy to even just find a BPAL that vaguely reminds me of the incensey-base portion, since I don't notice much florals in Amouage, anyway.

Have you tried Cathedral or Sri Lanka? I wonder if they're at all similar.

What about The Blaphemere Reliquary?

It has notes of rose and myrrh, I think it has frankincense in there too, and reviews say it smells very nicely incensey.

Sign in to follow this