Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs.Black

BPAL that smells like silk?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a BPAL that smells like silk garments. When I lived in the US one of my favorite haunts was T.J.Maxx (a discount store) and I used to buy lots of silk clothes. I remember one brand in particular, August Silk, but there were others. Well, silk clothing has a beautiful and very specific smell that I won't try to describe. For those of you who know it, have you come across a BPAL that reminds you of that? Thanks!

Silk definitely has a scent all of its own - I wish I could describe it too! It's soft and a little bit "green" to me, I wonder if it's got something to do with the plants that the silkworms eat to make the silk. (Is it true that they eat mulberry leaves, or is that just an old wives tale?)

The bamboo note that Beth uses reminds me of it a little bit. Maybe something like Holiday Moon, which on me stays pretty green and lets the bamboo dominate, would remind me of silk... I'lll dab some on and report back. Are you a fan of any of the Asian-influenced scents?

Silk definitely has a scent all of its own - I wish I could describe it too! It's soft and a little bit "green" to me, I wonder if it's got something to do with the plants that the silkworms eat to make the silk. (Is it true that they eat mulberry leaves, or is that just an old wives tale?)

The bamboo note that Beth uses reminds me of it a little bit. Maybe something like Holiday Moon, which on me stays pretty green and lets the bamboo dominate, would remind me of silk... I'lll dab some on and report back. Are you a fan of any of the Asian-influenced scents?

Hi Ivyandpeony! Thanks for your answer. No, I haven't kept any of the Asian Moons... Holiday Moon, to my nose, had a very green pungent scent (I assumed that was the bamboo) that didn't agree with me. It was present as well, to a lesser extent, in Fire Pig, Earth Rat and Dragon Moon but not, to my nose, in Hungry Ghost Moon.

But you are right about the slightly "green" quality of the silk smell. There is something fresh and pulpy to it. Maybe the softer, paler woods would be a good place to start to look for the elusive silk scent. I'm going to retry Aziraphale and see if this is going in the right direction.

Just posting to say: yes, they really do eat only mulberry leaves. I wouldn't be surprised if that influenced the smell. (I don't think I've ever owned a new silk item, so I don't actually know what it smells like.)

Sign in to follow this