Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
secretstars

BPAL that smells like Lorelie's Love Potion?

Hi all,

When I was younger, I went to Salem... probably around 2003-ish. My friend and I went into Crow Haven, and I found a spray called 'Lorelie's Love Potion' (although at the time I remember it being spelled Lorelei). and I picked it up and tried it cuz, well, my name is Lorelei. :P

i wicked, wicked loved it. but at the time i was like, 14, and i didn't have any money at all to buy it. but i have thought about it now and then since and i'd really like to have a scent like it. i live in NY, so i can't really go and pick it up, and it looks like it's $40 for 2 oz (!), which is all i was able to find online. no thanks. :D

so... this is a longshot, but i'm wondering if any of you have ever smelled it before and could recommend to me a BPAL fragrance that smells like it. it's been so long i wouldn't be able to tell you precisely what it smelled like, except that i really loved it. it was a pretty heavy smell, though.

the description from their site says this, tho:

'Amber and Rose blended with Vanilla create an aura of attraction that will have heads turning!'

i do remember there being vanilla, so i guess the rose and amber bits are probably correct, too.

if anyone knows what i'm talking about and can help, tho, i'd be so happy!

thanks so much,

Lorelei

Well, O ("Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla") is the classic amber-and-vanilla scent 'round these parts...you could try layering it with whatever rose you like best. However, that latter might take a good bit of investigation, because there are tons of them!

Hm. Heavy rose with vanilla and amber tones. Perhaps...

Grindhouse - Florentine iris, red musk, mimosa, magnolia, Damascus rose, clove, and vanilla bean.

Spellbound - three roses, radiant amber, and sensual red musk.

I'm thinking try Spellbound, and of course, try layering with other scents.

Hm. Heavy rose with vanilla and amber tones. Perhaps...

Grindhouse - Florentine iris, red musk, mimosa, magnolia, Damascus rose, clove, and vanilla bean.

Spellbound - three roses, radiant amber, and sensual red musk.

I'm thinking try Spellbound, and of course, try layering with other scents.

i think the Grindhouse sounds pretty close, but i am very new to BPAL and perfumes in general, so i can't predict scents as well as some people can just from description. :D

@septima_pica

hmm, i have Ouija, which i think is the only floral i have right now (i only have two 5ml and four imps at the moment, just received my very first shipment today, actually)... but that might work with O, from what i've read about it.

thank you for the suggestions. i hope that someone who has smelled the perfume i'm talking about in particular is here, though, so i can be more confident in my selection when it comes time to make a new order... :P

Have you tried the swap/sale portion of the forum? Forumites are quite kind to newbies and you can try out a lot of different samples rather than potentially wasting time and money on full bottles.

Sign in to follow this