Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Patchouli, Kashmiri tea, cardamom, black pepper, carnation, and clove.

Wet: So much patchouli! So much patch! Wow! I can smell the clove and carnation being spicy lil buddies under that but whoa is that a lot of patchouli. My cat recoiled when I walked past her. :D

Dry: whew, the patchouli fades off, leaving a spicy-warm scent that's basically clove and carnation having a chai-tea party on my wrist. It's what I wanted from this, and it delivered once the patchouli had run its course. Delicious.

Edited by storme
adding scent description

Last things first, Clémence is an absolute monster; it stuck around from late morning (around 11) to five with strong throw, at which point I took a quick post-workout shower, and discovered to my surprise that it was still around. It has now persisted until ten at night with a couple inches of throw.

As other reviews have said, fresh on skin it gives a dirty, earthy, patch and very little else. "Wonderful", I think, "I kinda miss the other notes, but as of now this is the no-nonsense unsweetened patchouli (and pepper?) I've been searching for."

For better or worse, that stage doesn't last. I wouldn't say the patch totally disappears, but it becomes much less prominent, and leaves space for the other notes to breathe. The tea and clove/carnation take over after a few minutes and it stays there for the rest of the wear, a spicy-floral tea scent. These are all notes I like, so I was ready to bottle it, but after a few hours of wear something felt a little cloying. I plan to try it again with a more delicate hand, but it's possible my decant will be enough.