Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
AEris

Cartier Declaration (vetiver, woods, etc.)

I found this description of Cartier Declaration online:

The tangy top notes of bergamot and bitter orange are soothed with earthy notes of rosewood, coriander, oakmoss, and patchouli.

Notes:

Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Birch, Oak, Moroccan Artemisia, Cardamom, Musk, Vetiver, Oak.

This scent is my dad's holy grail, but I'd love to find him a BPAL scent that smells similar. It's an understated, lightly woodsy, clean-vetivery smell...Not really soapy, yet clean, and not overpowering or too strong.

Any hints on what imps I should shove at him for the upcoming holidays? :P

Edited by AEris

I love Declaration, I used to wear it myself. The closest thing I have found to it in BPAL land is Death on a Pale Horse, it's very similar in feel. Clean, light, woodsy with something a little mysterious and dangerous underneath.

The End of All Things: empty white musk and mint seeped with solemn lavender, doleful patchouli and vetiver, scythe-sharp yuzu and lime, with geranium bourbon, white sandalwood and calla lily.

This scent is my dad's holy grail, but I'd love to find him a BPAL scent that smells similar. It's an understated, lightly woodsy, clean-vetivery smell...Not really soapy, yet clean, and not overpowering or too strong.

You might also try Ides of March- it isn't at all woodsy, but is clean without being soapy and very masculine. It certainly won't smell like Declaration, but it sounds like something your father might like.

I don't know if you're still looking for a blend that smells like Cartier Declaration, but if you can get your hands on a bottle of October, it was strikingly similar. I used to wear Declaration, too. :P