Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Paperwhite narcissus, petitgrain, rosemary, cyclamen, and ozone accord.

This smells like a very traditional perfume to me. Maybe a little old-fashioned. But I kind of expected that something with narcissus and rosemary in it probably would smell that way. I can't say I smell much citrus scent in it -- mostly narcissus and ozone.

Don't get me wrong, I like it! It smells like a very good traditional perfume. A little bit haughty, and definitely on the elegant side. It feels like quite a sophisticated scent. The more I sniff it, the more I like it. Edited by filigree_shadow

A fun sniffie.

In the bottle: first whiff... hew boy, is that strong. Pretty perfumey to my nose. Further whiffs and I can distinguish the rosemary and the white floral and the bite of ozone.

The drydown smells like tea on me which must be the petitgrain?

Dry the narcissus comes back and slaps the rest of the scents around a bit, before something fruity settles in.

This is a nice clean scent and it's very pretty and sophisticated. It's not really my kind of scent though, especially since it makes my nose tickle quite a bit. If that happens, it's a definite no-no, because I have friends who are quite sensitive to fragrances. I can think of places to wear this, like tea at the Four Seasons, but even then I'd probably reach for something else. This is nice to have around just in case.

1247117836_Dpf43-Ti.jpg

The clean, pure scent of rosemary and fresh white florals with a sliver of ozone characterize Parsifal on my skin. I wish I'd worn this scent on a warmer day, because I think the coolness didn't showcase this blend as well as a warm day might have. In any case, I enjoyed wearing it, the ozone didn't rear up and give me a headache, and the florals kept nicely grounded by the rosemary. I'm glad I have a bottle of this one.

Edited by stellans

I was hoping to like this... and I do. Sort of. What I smell is a clean herbal floral blend. It's nice. But it's not outstanding. Off with you.

Sniffed: Ozone sweetened with flowers.

On skin: Lightning is my standard for pure, unadulterated ozone, and Parsifal is Lightning accented by white floral notes. The ozone makes a deliciously humid, wet and watery base, and the flowers all mingle wonderfully to make it sweet and slightly creamy, with a bit of tang from the petitgrain. Over time the "humidity" of the ozone slowly recedes, leaving behind gentle, wet flowers. There's nothing high-pitched or soapy or "perfumy" here, just water-laced, airy, creamy floral.

Colour impression: Ozone blends tend to be colourless and transparent, but Parsifal just has this touch of creamy, ivory whiteness to it.

Verdict: Perfection. Ozone is my favourite note, and words can't describe just how beautiful this is. Lightning used to be my favourite ozone blend, but has now been firmly relegated to second place. Parsifal is, hands down, the best of all the ozone blends, and one which I can really call my signature scent. I'm so glad I got to buy a bottle from a retailer, and it may actually be worth hoarding!

I dabbed this on this morning because I had a decant on hand...let me just say, I was not expecting to love it this much! I think Parsifal is one of those underrated but brilliant blends. The florals come out on the dry down, it smells like the sweetest rose even though rose is not listed as a note. This is a clean floral. Most BPAL florals I've tried have been heavy, almost incense-y blends - more like heady parlor perfumes then a fresh field of flowers after a spring rain. I think I'm smelling a very well-blended hint of something acquatic (that must be the "ozone"). This scent is a beautiful blend of a number of elements I wouldn't expect to like. I would reach for this again and again. Perfect simple, clean spring/summer scent with fantastic throw! :wub2:

Edited by angelicreprieve

In decant: crisp white floral, petitgrain, and ozone. Definitely a "clean" scent. White..

Wet on skin: paperwhite narcissus, indeed. Paperwhite florals, with a touch of citrus and ozone. Very beautiful and fresh, clean smelling. Initially it goes dusty on me--I hope this disappears as the dustiness doesn't go well with the ozone. Well-blended, feminine.

Dry: doesn't change from the wet phase. All throughout my initial test, I've been trying to figure out what this scent was reminding me, a general catalog scent, something I've tested before and really liked too, but I wasn't sure. After a good while, I finally realized that it was Sea of Glass, which was a bottle scent. Against Sea of Glass, this is much more softer, and with that floral tone whereas Sea of Glass has a definite aquatic tinge (in addition to the ozone).

Verdict: keeper! This is replacing the spot Sea of Glass has in my perfume collection.

Wet: Clean misty rain and fresh green growing things. Gosh that's utterly beautiful! Sometimes green things (like grass) have this sharp bitterness that takes a while to settle and smooth out on my skin, but thankfully this is sweeter and lovely right from the moment it touches my skin. The ozone is so so pretty. Beth captures the scents of nature incredibly well. This is no exception. I have never smelled any perfume that smelled more like a rainy spring day than this scent. Astounding.

Dry: This stays true as it dries - clean, sweet rain and green growing things. Gorgeous.