Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
surlygurl

Obeah

A highly respected Afro-Caribbean blend used for blessing and banishing

This blend, of all the purification blends, jumped out at me. I have no experience in afro-carribean religions, but I do trust my instincts. So I bought a bottle and used it last night for the first time.

After spending the day cleaning my apartment & moving things about (including energy), I sat down to meditate. I grounded any foreign / past time energy out of my apartment, asked for blessings, then decided to use Obeah. (According to a google search, Obeah is used to anoint the doors of voodoo churches.) I dissolved some sea salt (purification) in warm water and added a couple drops of Obeah. Then, using a clean cloth wet with the mixture, I wiped down all doorways, window sills, even vents to the outside - all while focusing on blessing my home.

(Scent: Very medicinal and pungent. Astringent/herbal. Definitely NOT a perfume. Very astringent & cleansing).

Ever since then, every time I enter my place, I feel the need to stop, ground, and center myself before entering. My home space now vibrates at 'sacred' instead of 'dumping ground for weird energy'. Another winning blend from the Lab!

Somehow I have this and I don't know why.. but here goes anyway :D

I have no idea how to use this oil for the whole TAL purpose so my review will just be about the smell.

To me, this is extremely herby/green..it smells slightly dusty and really reminds me of tree sap. The smell I used to have on my fingers after climbing trees as a child. That kind of..earthy sap. That's the best way I can describe it.

This is all I can get at the wet stage.

As it dries it does have a slightly more perfumey note to it but I'm guessing that what's in here is alot of leaves, herbs.... It could possibly be palm & possibly tobacco.

There's a certain amount of spice too but..mainly just the green sap!!

I'm so sorry I couldn't review it better but..I'm not the greatest at picking out notes. I can just give you SOME sort of idea..

:P