Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ziggystardust

What to wear when playing music?

I play the piano, and sometimes I wear a scent to go along with practicing. The few times I've done this, I've worn Laudanum, which for some reason instantly snaps me into the "zone" (i.e. "Holy crap, it's 3:00?").

Anyway, I've been thinking of branching out into other scents. Surely I'm not alone in this boat, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend other oils which do the same thing? (I've tried Euterpe, but I'm not really a fan of the florals or - gasp! - white musk, so..)

(Addendum: Even though I'm looking for a general "playing mood" scent.. for whatever it's worth, right now I'm learning the Mozart K310 (first movement), and if I could find a scent which suits that, that would be wonderful too!)

You might find this thread helpful - Oils for studying, learning, and exams. I find the mental alertness that I need to learn and practice a piece similar to what I needed for traditional academics - although of course, piano is millions of times more fun and rewarding!

I am having some issues with the search engine today - I've reported them to shriekingviolets & QS - but I think there may be topics on inspiration and creativity that could also yield a few good suggestions for you too. When I do find links, I will post them (and of course, someone else may pop in here who happens to know right where they are).

Interesting topic!