Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
stellans

Singing Moon

Moonlight over grave grass, meadowsweet, marsh hellebore, rock sea-lavender, Irish Lady's-tresses, melancholy thistle, and wood bitter-vetch, with the scent of autumn fires in the distance, sprayed by wind howling over the Atlantic.

Lovely. Light florals with a touch of aquatics at first application. Dries down to a slight dirt/woody scent but keeps just a touch of the florals in the background. There's a definite "misty" feeling to this. Will be delightful with a snuggly sweater in the depth of winter when you need a pick me up and something springlike and floral but not tropical.

This is so beautiful and atmospheric!  It smells like a cold ocean wind, stone, earth, and sweet herbs.  It’s moody, evocative, and wearable.  I’m so happy to have a bottle.

Edited by ellocentipede

In Imp:  Damp, wet, moonlit grasses. This is really evocative of being on a coast. We used to go to Newfoundland in the summer when my husband’s grandparents were still alive, and this reminds me of a particular night we spent there.  I’m getting the meadowsweet for sure, but there’s something damp and loamy in there too. 

Wet, On Skin:  I am getting flickers of the fire in the distance, but they’re very far away indeed, and the atmosphere is far too wet to sense any sort of real heat/dry sensation from the fires. 

Dry, On Skin:  There’s a storm looming. There’s a sense of heavy mossiness. The fires and smoke are closer now. This is really lovely, in a sea spray/smoky/grassy way. There’s a saltiness here which I sense is the sea spray.

Later:  There was a brief period where this wanted to turn into baby powder on me, but it passed! Now it smells very much like my grandmother, in the best, most heart-rendering way. It has become a misty floral with just a hint of the softest smoke. This is special and lovely.