Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
GypsyRoseRed

TKO Soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

"Many things -- such as loving, going to sleep, or behaving unaffectedly -- are done worst when we try hardest to do them."
Water, Saponified Organic Palm Kernal Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil, Fair Trade Organic Shea Oil, Sodium Lactate, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Ground Lavender Flowers, Lavender officinalis, Vanilla planifolia, and TKO.

Of all of the soaps, this was the one I was really dying to try because TKO is one of my staples. I hate to say it, but while the TKO soap is lovely, it's not what I was hoping for. I get less vanilla and a lot more lavender out of the soap than I do from the oil, and while it's still nice, being brutally honest, I'd rather buy more oil and add drops to unscented body wash.

For those who love lavender, this may be more of a winner, but not for me. There are other BPTP soaps that I rank way above the TKO version which really surprises me. Oh, well. Edited by GypsyRoseRed

Strangely enough, while I don't have the TKO oil (yet), I do have half a fizzyboom, and a bar of soap :D So I can't exactly compare it with the oil, but I can tell you: Yum.

This soap is consistent with my findings from the other BPTP soaps I've found. All well and good - lathers nicely, moisturizes, smells pretty nice - until after about two weeks. When the scent really starts to come out, and it actually draws me to take a shower more often than I might usually :D I can tell when this process has begun, because the bar of soap will begin to sweat perfume oil, when not in use.

My findings being described - I looooove this soap! The smell is relaxing and snuggly and comforting, as well as fairly delicious. It doesn't dry out my skin (though it is still a humid time of the year), and it's surprisingly good for the shaving of the legs. I really, really hope the oil smells like this - and I'll have to get some soon to find out! :P

TKO, in both perfume and massage oil form, is one of my top 5 BPALs so I just had to get the soap. I wanted a smooth, soft, lathering bar of loveliness that would aid my nightly bath and help me sleep.

TKO soap, though, lacks the vanilla softness and incense comfort of the oil and smells like any standard herbal lavender soap and I can get those elsewhere (and for less...). It also has abrasive scrubby bits that wake me up too much to be used as a relaxing sleepy wash, and there is also not that much lather. I've had it for quite a few months now and was hoping more oil would ooze out but twas not to be. I will stick with the other forms of TKO for now. :P

Compared with the oil, TKO soap smelled almost like a single note lavender blend to me. I didn't really smell any of the sugary vanillaness. It's nice and it's soothing, but it didn't smell as complex as the usual TKO.

The bar itself is quite scrubby. I've tried nearly every BPTP soap now, and the only thing scrubbier than this was Al Azif.

I don't think I'll be getting more TKO soap in the future, but a bath oil would be fantastic....hint.... (I guess you could try using the massage oil?)

Edited by naeelah