Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Estimated ship time.

First of all, just let me say, yeah I understand what you're saying Beth, and I do agree with the request. So yay :P

But on the flip side, its just fucking hard waiting for a May 11th order when people are saying that they've received their June 1st orders, even if I am an international order and I did realise there would be at the very least a months wait when I ordered.

:D

Question that I meant to ask in my earlier comment...

Beth? Anyone with an answer? I think I know the answer to my question, but I just want to make sure I'm on the same page since you mentioned earlier about the shipping updates on the forum. When he does make a shipping update, you know...the "Shipped through..." ones, if I order through CCNow, in terms of shipping updates, would I go by the date in which I physically put things in my basket and check out, or the date in which you, BPAL, actually got my order "delivered" from CCNow. And yes, I do feel the need to put the equivalent of air quotes around delivered when referring to CCNow. Did that question make sense?

I think I know the answer, but I just want clarification, cause knowing me, I'm probably wrong.

Edited by spaceprostitute

In addition, you have to keep in mind that the USPS will do what it wishes with the shipments, and your order is at their mercy once it leaves our hands. Please allow an additional six months once you factor in the possibility of USPS incompetence, customs poking your order, alien abduction of your mail carrier and your package being struck by lightning. Thank you for your patience. You'll see the box eventually."

OMG, I almost peed myself!!! ROTFLMAO!! Beth, you should just throw in the old "acts of God" line and be done with it!

:P :D :D

Edited by ebonykawai

First of all, just let me say, yeah I understand what you're saying Beth, and I do agree with the request.  So yay :P

But on the flip side, its just fucking hard waiting for a May 11th order when people are saying that they've received their June 1st orders, even if I am an international order and I did realise there would be at the very least a months wait when I ordered.

:D

A May 11th order should have arrived by now, barring incident at customs. Two international customers emailed me about some customs problems recently, so perhaps that's the hold up. =( Orders go out in order of date received, regardless of whether they are domestic or otherwise.

Question that I meant to ask in my earlier comment...

Beth?  Anyone with an answer?  I think I know the answer to my question, but I just want to make sure I'm on the same page since you mentioned earlier about the shipping updates on the forum.  When he does make a shipping update, you know...the "Shipped through..." ones, if I order through CCNow, in terms of shipping updates, would I go by the date in which I physically put things in my basket and check out, or the date in which you, BPAL, actually got my order "delivered" from CCNow.  And yes, I do feel the need to put the equivalent of air quotes around delivered when referring to CCNow.  Did that question make sense?

I think I know the answer, but I just want clarification, cause knowing me, I'm probably wrong.

It's by the date that you placed the order, not the date we pulled it. The only inconsistancy in this is that sometimes an order "posts" to us after the order was really placed. For example, someone may order on June 1st, but when we look up the order on CcNow it might say that it was placed June 2nd or 3rd. I assume this is a reflection of the date that the order was actually charged, but I can't be sure.

I'm confusing matters more, aren't I?

The point is, the Shipped Through Post refers to the date that you placed the order, within an rough 24-48 hour window.

OMG, I almost peed myself!!! ROTFLMAO!! Beth, you should just throw in the old "acts of God" line and be done with it!

:D  :D  :D

*GRIN*

I was going to add a clause for Mecha-Godzilla stomping your order flat, but I thought it would be overkill.

:P

WHat the others have all said, no problems waiting for a great product.

So sorry if I pissed you off or any others at the Lab. The anticipation of snorfeling up my first oils is killing me. Like a crack addict that can't wait for his man to show up.

I was going to add a clause for Mecha-Godzilla stomping your order flat, but I thought it would be overkill.

Mecha-Godzilla *snark!*

I love mecha-godzilla! He can stomp my order flat anyday.

Not a BPAL order, mind you, but any order from somewhere else would be fine.

Beth--

This is slightly off topic but since you mentioned the trouble you are having moving away from CCnow I thought I would mention it here. Have you looked into going through Costco? I don't know what the requirements are but I know several small business people (craftspersons and con/SCA vendors) who are using Costco's credit card service because it is the cheapest thing around and they can actually afford it. I don't know if the service availability or charges vary from state to state (I'm in Washington) but it is worth looking into if you haven't already.

~Roja

A May 11th order should have arrived by now, barring incident at customs. Two international customers emailed me about some customs problems recently, so perhaps that's the hold up. =( Orders go out in order of date received, regardless of whether they are domestic or otherwise.

Okay doky, thanks for your reply Beth, knowing my luck it'll come tomorrow and I'll look a knob :D

One thing which may be useful however is emailing international orders to let them know when their order has been sent. As I would guess the majority of them pester you via email anyway to find out, it might reduce the emailage a bit if you send out the same email with names and dates subbed in.

But with Nella being away I can see this being quite tricky to implement.

Just to add my 2 cents....

Yep - I get a little over excited before, during and after placing an order and I can't wait for it to arrive! But - like everybody else has said the oils being so fantastic and hand blended and all round divine, I'm more than happy to wait for as long as it takes for the package to arrive. In a way it almost adds to the experience to be honest....

AND, being in Europe, I must say that everything I've ever ordered from the states has taken ages to arrive - even in a case when I've paid over $100 extra for shipping (it was only a book!!! There was no alternative shipping method, the thing was out of print and a present and I had to just bite the bullet and pay - still took over a month to arrive.. :P ) But then perhaps I'm just post cursed or something...

The "shipped through" thread is really helpful for knowing if it might be time to panic about evil mail men stealing packages though. That's really the only thing I'm worried about - the precious going missing. As long as I know it's on its way I'm fine!

Just keep doing your thing Beth - you know we all think you're a godess :D

One thing which may be useful however is emailing international orders to let them know when their order has been sent. As I would guess the majority of them pester you via email anyway to find out, it might reduce the emailage a bit if you send out the same email with names and dates subbed in.

But with Nella being away I can see this being quite tricky to implement.

I would LOVE this, especially since I have started ordering via Paypal so the lab gets more money ... but like Astarte said, I know it could be a pain in the ass to actually do.

I have always gotten timely responses to my e-mails, which is fabulous - but, and please take this as the most constructive of criticisms, because I think you are ALL wonderful - the responses to my questions about orders/shipping don't usually say *when* my order has shipped or will ship. I don't mind waiting, but I would love to have an idea of when I may reasonably expect to get my order. My thought is that if someone at the lab is taking the time to respond to me, then the more info they can give me the better - I won't have to e-mail again to clarify, you know?

Anyway - ditto on what everyone has said, these oils are the bomb and I am really happy to have found the lab! I really appreciate that it's a small business with values and standards that I agree with and can rely on, not to mention Beth's enormous talent.

I agree with the previous reply: international customers would have much more peace of mind if they got shipping date info. I live in Australia and I'm still waiting for my first-ever order, which I placed on May 12... Brian told me that there was a delay with Persephone and Bruja, but I haven't been able to clarify whether the order has been shipped or not... :P

elizabeth,

i just have to add my 2 cents and agree that bpal customers seem so impatient because your perfumes mean so much to us. your scents are *amazing*, and i think a 3-4 week turnaround is fine.

i also think that sometimes we get so excited on the forum that we forget how impatient we seem. i often see posts and think, "god, i hope we're not driving elizabeth crazy!"

brian's weekly posts and the "i got my order!" thread help me keep perspective on when i should be expecting my orders.

thanks for everything!!

Oh, my my my! I don't mind waiting, honestly. Yes, I am an impatient person, but the waiting makes it that much more exciting when the box arrives. It's kind of like sex - the teasing and the foreplay makes the ultimate goal that much more wonderful. :P

Love you Beth and BPAL!!

Here's blessings to you (and to all BPAL peeps shivering with antici.......pation) and hopefully the USPS and CCnow gods will get their shit together.

Amber