Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

She regrets her harsh words, spoken thoughtlessly, which caused a quarrel that divided her from her lover: hyssop, lavender, balsam of Peru, jonquil, and elemi.

After reading the scent description up top I had to go back & recheck the decant. Really? Lavender? Herbal?
Ummm..... ok.

Fresh on my skin, it starts out sharp herbal incense, but with something juicy. I'm so confused :wacko:
The different scents begin to flow into each other and I get Incense, very ripe fruit, and some kind of curry. At this point its pretty but a little scary.

As it dries, the curry breaks apart & drifts away, leaving a bitter herb thing mixing with the incense. Closing my eyes, I can see a room with a bowl of very ripe fruit on the table and indian incense burning in the corner of the room.

This has aged beautifully and my skin loves it. I've never smelled anything like it! Edited by Shollin

before this decant goes to live with someone else, i figure i should jot down my quickie review of it...

balsam of Peru always smells like extra-woody, somewhat musty, stale cinnamon.... and lavender is almost always a dealbreaker note for me. i love jonquils but they don't have much of a scent.... hyssop i'm not sure about but i think it (like lavender) is a cousin of mint. and elemi i think is sortof lemony?

and a woody, musty, faintly minty cinnamon-y lemon is what i get out of this. it reminds me of a beverage a well-meaning friend gave me, once, to treat my persistent sore throat. it was hot water, lemon and... things. vile, vile, awful things.

overall an interesting scent experience! but not something i'd ever reach for.

A very sweet decanter sent me this as a free bottle. ❤️

My first impression of it in the bottle and on my skin is of jasmine, lots of it. Erm, no jasmine in the notes? Does jonquil smell similar?

Oh, OK... From a gardening website:

"The scent is reminiscent of jasmine and hyacinth; sweet and heavy." 

Lots of jonquil, then, merging into some lavender. 

In drydown I find some faint herbal hint, but I would never guess what it was. And an airy wisp of lemon.

Mostly, this is jonquil and lavender now.