Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Oof

Sinus pain relief.

I really wish I could "like" previous comments...

Anyway, Husband suffers a LOT of sinus issues (which is why he can never smell the differences between my perfumes!). I had my perfume drawer out while he was dealing with some and figured I would try Oof with him. As soon as I opened it, the memory of childhood colds and flus came rushing back, because this is - as many people have indicated - identical to Vick VapoRub without the overtly medicinal edge.

While it does smell like Vicks at first, it does not end up smelling like "sick people." It dried gentler and sweeter and herb-y.
While I would not want this to be an everyday scent for myself, I would be more willing to wear this to clear my sinuses than any other mentholated rub.

unfortunately, i had a really great excuse to try this out today. i got a nice little headcold just in time for warm summer weather. :rantrave:

i'd had this sitting in my imps box for a while and had sniffed it, but who needs a menthol blend when they're not sick? :lol:

anyway, i can DEFINITELY smell this through all my congestion. it's a bright, sharp, menthol scent that pierces through all the *stuff* in my nose and head and makes my brain feel awake and alert. i'd been sniffing it out of the imp, but i decided to put a little bit under my nose. that burned my skin, as expected, but i decided it was worth it.

it's definitely helping with my alertness level, which is appreciated as i'm stuck at work. i definitely FEEL like i can breathe easier, but i don't know how much of that is just the cooling sensation of the menthol. either way, i'm appreciative. :wub2:

i agree with spiralmissy that there is a sweet edge to this that is completely absent in vick's and that whole category of medicine. it makes the whole experience much more tolerable.

also: i'm wearing velvet today as my "normal" scent, and i have to say, the menthol sets it off quite nicely. i'm surprisingly impressed by the combination.

Origin: Ordered the 3-imp pack with a decant circle

Initial Thoughts: Having suffered allergies most of my life, I get sinus issues on a regular basis. I've had this on my must-try list for ages.

In the vial: As others have said, very prominent menthol and eucalyptus. It feels a little lighter and smoother in the "after-inhale" when I'd be dealing with a bit of burn or harshness. My impression is that there's another herb or two working in the background.

Wet: The harshness is cut a bit more being on my skin and it seems to be a more soothing scent, stronger on the eucalyptus.

Drydown: It doesn't morph much, but it does sink in and become less strong of a scent. When I first opened it I was worried that I might not be able to use it at work, it seemed so strong. The drydown lessens that fear - very low throw.

Verdict: I can definitely see myself using this on sniffly and stuffy days.

Just like everyone else said, Oof smells like Vick's VapoRub.

It definitely makes the inside of my nose tingly when I sniff it. But... I don't really want to walk around smelling like VapoRub. I was a raver in the '90s. I've spent enough of my life smelling like VapoRub. If you were also a raver, I bet you know what I mean.

I have a head cold for the first time since I acquired OOF and fortunately remembered to give it a try. I don't particularly like the smell of this. I would never wear it as a perfume. But it seems to be clearing my sinuses quite nicely!!