Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
DangerInRed

A scent similar to Avon's Mesmerize

My new mission in life is to wean The Boy onto BPAL. Right now, whenever he wears cologne/aftershave, it's Avon's Mesmerize for men. I'm thinking something similar-smelling in BPAL might be the easiest thing to get him to wear.

Mesmerize's scent description from the site is Mysterious myrrh, precious woods & exotic spices are accented with the intrigue of mandarin and bergamot to create a scent specially for him!

It would be wonderful to find someone familiar with both Mesmerize and BPAL to compare, but if not, any suggestions on something that might smell similar? I'd prefer something without Patchouli (hehe), and he says nothing "that sounds too girly," whatever THAT means. So, any ideas?

Mesmerize's scent description from the site is Mysterious myrrh, precious woods & exotic spices are accented with the intrigue of mandarin and bergamot to create a scent specially for him!

Hmm...I'd echo Titus Andronicus (in any case, I think it's a nice inoffensive masculine-smelling blend that might intrigue even if it isn't close to Mesmerize), and add maybe Fallen (nice woodsy masculine notes), Moscow (maybe a bit too floral but has mandarin), The Lion (spicy resin), Penitence (myrrh. Lots of myrrh.), Nyarlethotep (citrusy incense), and Aureus (resins and woods).

I've not smelled Mesmerize, but from the description it seems like it would be rich and warm.

I find Theodosius from the Carnaval Diabolique collection to be amazingly rich and warm and might fit the bill. Also Voodoo, it's very sexy.

Thank you for the replies!

Titus Andronicus sounds nice, will have to see if he won't mind the amber (it is BLACK amber after all)!

Theodosius DEFINITELY seems my speed, but if I can get him to wear it, all the better! :P

Actually, I think they all sound great and will have to have a little perfume party! I already have an imp of Aureus, so I think it will be the first on the list to try.

Edited by DangerInRed