Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Duck Mountain

Need Carolina Herrera replacement, stat

Sooo, I've been trying to get my parents (well, my mom--dad doesn't wear scents) into BPAL. Dad thinks everything I've worn around him smells like incense and/or candles, which he both dislikes. (I'm stumped on the 'candles' part--I have a lot and they don't all smell exactly the same, so unless he hates the smell of vanilla, chocolate, apples, spices, etc etc...)

My mom has her staple bottle of Carolina Herrera (jasmine and tuberose), which is the only thing she'll wear and which my father actually approves of--he even wants to buy me a bottle to replace what I usually wear. Only problem is, I can't stand it.

Any recs for something that's floral, yet isn't so heavy? Or, are there any blends that floral-lovers also liked?

:P Argh. Hit the 'submit' button too early.

Edited by Duck Mountain

It sounds like your dad likes tuberose and jasmine, and he likes 'em prominent. And honestly it sounds like he really doesn't care for the foodie scents you like.

Muse is a tuberose, lotus, jasmine and lemon blend that he might well like.

You *might* find he'd object less to you wearing Sed Non Satiata, Peitho, Pannychis or maybe Euphrosyne. Those are all blends with some of the sweet things you like and either tuberose or jasmine that he likes.

Kalli

Sooo, I've been trying to get my parents (well, my mom--dad doesn't wear scents) into BPAL. Dad thinks everything I've worn around him smells like incense and/or candles, which he both dislikes. (I'm stumped on the 'candles' part--I have a lot and they don't all smell exactly the same, so unless he hates the smell of vanilla, chocolate, apples, spices, etc etc...)

What is it with MEN? The men in the office suite who always say I smell like incense, specifically. Nothing SPECIFIC, just "incense." My husband at least will try to guess the scent, or the main category of notes, but they're clueless as to one scent being separate from another. I pity them and their unevolved olfactory glands. :P

(Sorry, don't have a lead on the Carolina Herrera, except that I don't know what I find sadder -- a woman who only wears one fragrance, or a man who wants all the women he knows to wear the same one!!)

Edited by Grifyn

Thanks Torri - I do have an imp of Euphrosyne that I haven't tested yet. I'll bust it out and see what he thinks.

Even if I wear something foody, his reaction is 'ew, incense'. Whaa?

Grif - Funny thing is, I do have some male friends that think my perfume obsession is silly, but at least if I'm wearing something they like, they'll admit it. It's just my dad who can't seem to tell the difference between a strawberry and a musk. :P

Edit: And re. The One Perfume, that's why I'm trying to get her into BPAL. She likes some of what I have, but evidently not enough to want some for herself. :D

Edited by Duck Mountain

Mi-Go Brain Canister, if you can find it. No tuberose, but lots of jasmine, plus fruits.

Second Muse here, and also Peitho if you can wear clove.

Edit: Bat-Woman is also very jasminey. :P

Edited by jenleigh

Used the bpal site's search function for tuberose and jasmine and came up with two with both of those notes: Delight (Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine) and Muse (Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime), both from Love Potions. If he only likes florals, then there are plenty of pure florals and floral dominant scents...

But frankly, it just sounds like he has no taste. :P

Vampy - Exactly what I think! D:

Thanks for the suggestions, y'all.

I did do searches for stuff that contained those notes, but heavy florals tend to go cloying and/or sour on me--I was sort of looking for things that maybe weren't necessarily very floral, but have the same 'feel', or something non-floral that people who like florals would still enjoy... :P Did that make sense?

Hmm... What about fruity things? Does he like fruity things?

My skin doesn't get along with florals very frequently - and neither do my sinuses, they frequently give me horrific headaches - but I love Fae. "A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss." Peach, a white floral, and white musk are the dominant scents to me. It's very light and bright and smells like soap bubbles in sunlight.

It is not, however, tuberose and jasmine. :P

Edited by Vampy

I'd suggest Eos, The Moon, Bat-Woman, Queen Mab (beautiful and complex), Peitho or Wicked. :P

Sign in to follow this