Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Black Pepper

If you go to your spice rack and open the container of ground black pepper, sniff the dry, super-fine black powder that seems to separate itself from the pepper and cling to the side of your shaker.

That dry, black-pepper-but-stronger scent is exactly what you get from the single note; this scent is dead-on. Dries down to a light, intense, and unique fragrance that's much better than you would expect it to be as a stand-alone; definitely worth a try!

Single note black pepper starts off black peppery, goes high nose and a little unpleasant for a minute or two, then goes AWESOME and deep and spicy and oily for about 10 minutes, and then faaaaades away. However, I put it on just before doing a major cooking operation and I think that all the chopping and steam and handwashing and stuff made it fade quicker than normal.

119704903.jpg

BPAL blends which include Black Pepper single note:

Kuntzkammer, Lex Talionis, Whippoorwhill, Wrath.

In the bottle

Oddly it smells almost sweet like cinnamon.

On

Oh God this is so good. I've heard Aries like spicy, must be true.

It almost smells minty because of the pepperiness kind of like clove does at times.(I hope that made sense). And it gets in your lungs and clears them out but there's no "burning", and definitely no "yuk this is black pepper" smell. In fact if I was blindfolded and sniffed this I wouldn't necessarily get that it was black pepper right away.

30 minutes

It still smells exactly the same as it did when first put on. It hasn't lost that wonderful lightly peppery, sweet, almost minty/clove-y scent.

Throw:

Average (oddly enough). I expected to be sneezing or something. :P

Scent category:

Spicy

Summary

This must be why I love Aries...and Tulszcha too for that matter. It's the same wonderful smell that's in Aries. It's smells kind of 3 Witches-like too.

Purchase again?

Yes indeedy, a 5ml if it were possible. Maybe a 10ml for blending with other things. :D

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

Black Pepper single note barely lasts for fifteen minutes on my skin. At first it's a sharp, aggressive, hot blast of pepper that makes my eyes water. In the drydown, it's softer and smells like dry pepper in the cabinet. I was surprised at how it sweetened up and softened in the drydown though; it was much more pleasant at the end. Still, a very light spice. It's so light that I probably won't have much use for it. The pepper generally doesn't last long on my skin when it's in other blends either.