Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Pixie-elf

Honeysuckle blends

I LOVE honeysuckle and have yet to find a bpal that smells like it. Joyful Moon and Encroaching Madness are two of my favorite scents, but I don't really get honeysuckle from them.

I've had to go to other companies for my honeysuckle fix unfortunately.

What she said. I like my Joyful Moon and Juliet and Eos, but the best honeysuckle for honeysuckle's sake to be found (short of a return of BPAL single notes, maybe?) is elsewhere.

I smell a lot of honeysuckle in my bottle of Chimera:

The fiery, volatile scent of cinnamon, thickened by myrrh, honeysuckle, and copal.

ps. It doesn't list it in the notes, but after a couple of years of aging, it's heavy on the vanilla as well.

Edited by rawgirl75

I would absolutely suggest Anathema (Black opium, with vetivert and honeysuckle). Although the opium and vetivert sound like they might drown out the honeysuckle; they don't, they just support and emphasize the honeysuckle - to my nose.

Hmm. Might be worth a shot. What is the black opium like, anyway? I've seen it in other descriptions and can't bring up a smell memory of it.

I'm testing it again right now and it still seems mainly honeysuckle to my nose. The black opium, how I interpret it, is softly musky in a sort of incensy sweet way.

Pulse Points (the version that was released about 2 years ago as part of a Dark Delicacies trunk show) is pure, straight-up, soft, humid honeysuckle on me. If you can find it in swaps, I think you'd love it.