Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Thursdae

Lollia Cotton and Clover

I’m searching for someone with tons of BPAL familiarity and a keen nose. I’m on a mission.

I received a candle made by a company called Lollia. The candle’s scent is called Cotton and Clover, and it smells amazing. Lollia makes hand creams and other products, but as far as I can tell, Cotton and Clover comes only in candle form, and it’s awfully hard to apply as a fragrance! Plus, Lollia products are ridiculously expensive.

If you’re willing to share your expertise, I’d like to send you some fragments of the candle in the hope that you can come up with recommendations of similar BPAL oils. I was excited when I read the ingredients of Enraged Bunny Musk, but although I like the oil a lot, it doesn’t smell much like the candle.

I really love the Cotton and Clover scent. I’ll send candle fragments to anyone who wants to give this mission a shot. Thank you all!

I'm not familiar with those candles, but I checked on Amazon, they list the top notes as: Apple Blossom, Mandarin and Island Orchid with Pikake and Frangipani, and then later describe the scent as apple blossom and orchid. I also saw it grouped with 'orchid' candles on another site.

You can play around with the search engine on the BPAL site to search for scents by notes if you recognize what the predominant ones are, and then click on the name of the result to get to forum reviews to see if it sounds appealing. A few I saw that had one or two notes in common were Phantom Queen (Black orchid, apple blossom, meadowsweet, and rue over Irish moss, hawthorn and red clover), Neo-tokyo (Urban metallics and an ozone-tinged breath of electric light mingled with reedy bamboo, crisp mountain air, cherry blossoms, delicate orchid and a splash of playful, wet fruits), and Shadow Witch Orchid (dusky orchid, subdued and ethereal).

Good luck :P

It sounds like a bright, sweet floral. Delight might be worth a try, it is very heavy on the frangipani. Pele is a tropical floral that has pikake.

Thank you both for your advice.

Bookishgrrl, you rock for finding the list of notes. I’m going to search on all those notes and, with so many fragrances in the catalog, I’m sure I’ll find something I overlooked that will come close.

TroubleDoll, I remember Delight as being too heavy in the jasmine department for my chemistry. Sometimes jasmine works for me (Oneiroi :P ) but, as a rule, it does not. I have Pele in my imp box; I’ll pull it out and do a side-by-side sniff check with the candle.

And a lovely forumite stepped up and offered to investigate the candle and see whether the scent evokes any particular BPAL oils. I’ll report back on her findings for anyone else who may be surreptitiously rubbing candle shavings into her wrists.

Sign in to follow this