Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zillah37

Golachab

Burners With Fire.
Tyranny, violence, destruction, injustice, revenge.
Governed by Asmodeus, the Beautiful One, a King of Hell, Overseer of Hells Gambling Halls, and Demon of Lust and Immoral Political Power.

Imp: Apricot blossom.
Wet: Sweet, a little resiny, a little smokey. It's very, very faint on my skin.
Dry: I was hoping for spice, for the fire others were experiencing. I got just a touch of it on the drydown, but it's mostly a powdery fruit, like KoolAid mix without all the sugar.

At first Golachab is lush and fruity, almost a little candy-like. It reminds me of a fruit/berry I've worn before but I'm not sure which yet. There's a sharp note mingling with the fruit that I also cannot place exactly, though it's kind of astringent and possibly herbal? After it has been on for a minute or two though that sharpness fades away and lovely smoky spiciness comes out instead. A few more minutes in and it hits me what this reminds me of: Bewitched! There has got to be blackberry in Golachab! Along with the blackberry I'm thinking pepper as well, mingling with something smoky and a touch musky. After a while the blend gets sweeter, creamier, and a tiny bit chalky, in a Pez sort of way. I know 'chalky' may sound unappealing but it really seems to work, the crumbly aspect softening the blackberry and spice. The sharpness of Golachab is a little scary at first, but the drydown is wonderful. I like this one a lot.

Edited by agnusdei

GolachabSS.jpg

This is delicious, and was such a good trade. The apricot’s sweetness really helps bring out the incense (musk?), though there’s not a lot of citrus in evidence. As I’ve written before, I think citrus is one of the less lasting notes, and in this case, it doesn’t matter at all. There's just a hint of it under the apricot, slightly cutting the sweetness, but not much. I was a little afraid of this after seeing so many Evil Candy of Doom type reviews, but yay for incense-y sweet fruit instead! The only small downside of this blend is the throw is a bit short, and it doesn't last very long on me, but while it does...glorious!

Okay, for me this smells really of grape candy, which is where I can see the wine connection. As it dries, I can say that it smells more like apricot, but it still has that grape candy tinge. I'm beginning to suspect that the sweetness comes from lotus. I find this to be a very playful blend. It also made me think of grape pop rocks.

Oddly enough, very childlike and I can see a kid really enjoying this blend.