Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
luxuria

Hearth

Thoroughly revisited. This year’s Hearth is warmer, sweeter, and more traditionally comforting. This is the scent of candied chestnuts, buttered, covered in brown sugar and honey, alongside the scent of cedar smoke and soft pine.

In the bottle - Nutty, buttery, sweetness!

Wet - So far as food goes, this is really nice!

Drying - The chestnut and the smoke really keep this from going super crazy. The pine is coming out far more, but it's not a terrible version of pine. Dare I say the same pine as in Skadi? The sweet isn't so sweet now, not so powerful. But it's a nice combination. Not very STRONG, but subtle and comforting.

Dry (2 hours) - This is very close to the drying stage, only fainter and just slightly powery.

Overall - THIS is a good scent I could wear. :)

Smoked chestnuts sweetened by a little brown sugar and honey. As it continues to morph, whiffs of cedar and pine mingle with the tasted chesnuts. This is slightly foody, but mainly this is a simple smoky, yet sweet woodsy blend.

Hearth 05 is as cozy as Hearth 04, just with different notes. This one is more sticky, buttery goodness; I definitely get the rich candied chestnuts, deep oozing golden honey and just a hint of a smoky, woody background. I'm not really getting any pine out of this one becasue my skin tends to amp the sweet stuff so whatever pine there is isn't showing up. Not that it matters, because it's still delicious. :yum:

Imp: I can smell the candied and buttered chestnuts plus a fresh waft of pine.

Wet: The same.. buttery baked goods smell that I know from Bread-and-Butterfly and other similar scents. Turns into fennel/celery and sour milk on me again. Eww.

Dry: This smells exactly like Bread-and-Butterfly on me! Sorry, I guess I should just stay away from butter notes from the Lab! :(