Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
hemogoblin

The scent of summer.

I'd love to try a scent that evokes a hot, windy summer's day. I'm thinking linden, hay, and fresh-mown grass. Something that makes you want an ice-cold glass of lemonade and a symphony of cicada droning.

I'm hearing that the Lion really evokes summer...(off to put it on my wishlist). But is is the warmth of summer, not the grass.

Quick search on BPAL site (anything to get on there and search for something else!This board is SO enabling!).

Hmmm...Haven't tried these...just a search on "grass" and I got Coyote, Rosalind, the Apothecary, and Amsterdam (among others) but I would try these based on their descriptions and what you are looking for...

Xiuhtecuhtli is what I like to wear in the summer. It is really green, just a tink floral, with a stable base of copal and patchouli, giving it the body that I so crave in a perfume (makes it melt into my skin, I think).

Good Luck!

Edited by lookingglass

Scarecrow, for me at least, reminded me more of Autumn. A hot Autumn. Scarecrow creeped me out too, as a side note. But its a really dry scent.

Mi-Go Brain Canister is completely summer to me. I'm not sure exactly why, but it gave me strong memories of summers from my childhood.

New Orleans and Peitho (which are pretty similar) are hot summer florals.

Dragon's Eye is very lilac, which is a spring flower, but it's more of a late spring, early summer scent where the lilac is wilted and decayed and on its way out.

Pele is summer on the island and at the beach. It smells exactly like the air in Hawaii does, it's scary.

And then there's Midway, but that doesn't need explaining!

Sign in to follow this