Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

The Haunted Palace

The moment before the ruin, frozen. The scent of captured glory, of glowing pearls and rubies, of golden sunlit joy and regal grandeur: red rose, Tunisian amber, blood orange, toasted vanilla, heliotrope, gardenia and red musk.

Such a beautiful intertwining of amber, rose, gardenia and vanilla, with the faintest zest of the blood orange in the background. When I tried this eight years ago or so the orange was a bit too much, but now it has died down perfectly to play a very light background supporting note. The amber has deepened and gotten richer with age. Love!

This is gorgeous. It is a right but not heavy floral with enough amber, vanilla and musk to stop it being just a floral. The amber is not powdery, the vanilla is not foody and the musk isn't in your face. It is blended perfectly. I have no idea why I hesitate to wear this. I feel pretty but not girly wearing it, it is more of a grown up scent but definitely not a typical 'old lady' scent. I think I would wear this going out to dinner, but today I am just going to wear it at home, enjoy it for me and feel good.