Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
AlaskaSnows

BPAL-Distilled Patchouli

8 imps of pure, highest-grade patchouli SN will be available on Harvest Moon at BPAL w/c, $15 ea, on a first-come-first served basis. If you are placing an order ahead of time for pick up, you may request an imp. They were distilled in-house by our own Fritz, who is an alchemical genius. They are of the highest quality, and will be at their best if let alone in a cool, dry, dark area for 6-12 months before use.

I have a personal stash of 1oz of this patchouli from last year’s batch, and it is orgasm-inducing. More will be made available over time as it is distilled.

In the Vial: Patchouli overwhelmed with a nasty dank root cellar smell. Also something in the kind of like flat 7-Up.

Dry: I used the lightest brush of the wand to apply. This will be a gorgeous rich full bodied patchouli, as stated, in 6 - 12 months. I can smell it in there, ready to burst forth and become a butterfly of patchouli. Right now it smells like patchouli in a bowl of macaroni into which someone threw some old dirty potatoes.

I'll edit in several months, but no lie, this is going to be King of Patchoulis.

ETA on 12/9/05: The imp is almost clear yellow now, before was very cloudy and looked clumpy. The scent is much the same but the patchouli is stronger and the whole scent is less musty, it is becoming clearer. Still strong macaroni, potato and 7Up notes though. But it is aging and doing its thing.

Edited by AlaskaSnows

I've been wishing that I could try this single note for years now, and finally won an imp of it on ebay. I love patchouli, and the description for this made it sound like something that I needed to have.

In the vial, this has an earthy, musty sort of smell, and also something cold and almost medicinal/menthol-like in the background. It's much the same on my skin, but gives me the overall impression of an old, damp basement.

I like patchouli best when it's warm and earthy with golden, sweet, sap-like tones to it. This is more of a damp, cold, moldy wood sort of smell. I can't shake the menthol impression that I get from this either. It's like an open jar of Vicks Vaporub in a damp, moldy basement. And this is definitely a strong oil. A tiny dab of this lasts all day on my skin and has lots of throw.

All in all, this isn't really that good on me, and I think that it's had sufficient time to age by now, lol. I own a lot of patchouli single notes and blends, so I don't see myself holding on to this scent. Still, I'm very grateful to have tried it.