Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
UltraViolet

Temple: Witches

In the bottle

resinous, herbal and fruity goodness with a teeny bit of floral.

On

On my skin, Temple: Witches smells resinous, herbal, mildly floral and fruity.

There might be some heliotrope in here as well as amber but I'm not sure. Maybe black lotus too?

Sorry to disappoint but I'm afraid this will be a poor first post review because I can't for the life of me pick out any notes other than general floral, resin, etc. Perhaps the next reviewer can pinpoint these notes.

30 minutes

This becomes much more floral on me as it is drying.

It's becoming a little soapy as well but nothing heinous.

Throw:

average

Scent category:

Resin/Herbal/Floral/(Fruity?)

Summary

A lush, thick yet bright and fruity scent initially. An nice undertone of herbals.

As it dries it becomes more floral in nature. Not a sweet floral as Jasmine or Plumeria, not Rose either.

Becomes a tad soapy on me when dry.

Purchase again?

Maybe

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Yep I agree that it's definitely an herbal/resin scent. It's a bit more airy and ethereal than I expected. There's a floral there, with a bit of a sharp twang to it. The undertones are a lovely, earthy, smoky resin/musky smell combined with a light green herbal. The longer I wear it the more the floral rears its head. It does go a bit soapy on the drydown, but not in an offensive way. It's soft enough so that the resin note smells really good underneath it. Actually, now the resin has become much stronger, and the floral is backing down. In fact, it's getting downright musky and smoky! This is definitely a magically morphing scent, and one that is very complex. It's beautiful, but I know I'll never be able to find a bottle because of it's rarity. I'll just have to cherish my little half imp. :P

First I must confess that I never write reviews. Don't glare at me like that. :P I made an exception years ago for my beloved Sugar Skull, and I feel it's time to make another exception because I think everybody should be shouting at the top of their lungs from tall buildings, naked, about Temple: Witches.

I ordered Temple: Witches and Temple: Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn as part of my huge first ever TAL order, which I have been planning for years. Temple: Witches, scent-wise, is absolutely stunning, the most beautiful magickal aroma I've ever experienced. It's sort of an herbal incense, it reminds me of a pretty much unobtainable perfume from the Serge Lutens non-export range called Encense et Lavande. It does, indeed, seems like a mixture of the highest quality incense and the finest non-sweet, non-pungent lavender, with other herbs mixed in as well. I have a word of caution for the people who abhor soapy scents, because there is a soapy quality to it as well, but I actually love this. However, the overall aura you will get from wearing this is not so much "freshly scrubbed and wholesome", but more along the lines of "in touch with nature and privy to the secrets of the earth". I see this scent as a symbol of the union of the natural and the spiritual. I will use it in meditation and report later.

I've gone through a couple bottles of Temple: Witches now and it's an oil that I feel an affinity for.  I only use it to dress candles, but it feels right to me in most circumstances and like it adds a little offering and oomph to whatever I am doing.  It makes me feel more connected.  To me, it's like equal parts wafts of incense smoke and frankincense and equal parts clean, green herbs.

Edited by Little Bird