Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
hokte

Scent similar to DSH "Au Lait"

Anybody familar with DSH "Au Lait"? I have a sample of it, and wondered if BPAL has anything similar. It's a comfort scent with top notes of sweet cream, middle notes: French Vanilla, Tonka Bean, warm milk, and base notes of ambrette seed and buttercreme. If anybody else loves this or knows of something similar, let me know. :P

Unfortunately, I have to recommend Milk Moon which is no longer available. It's quite a bit less sweet than Au Lait, though.

Try using the search engine to find scents in the BPAL catalog that mention "milk" in their description, because you may find other milky scents that you like even if they're not that similar to Au Lait. I personally adore Dana O'Shee and Alice. Other possibilities are Sudha Segara, Eden and White Rabbit.

The only things in the BPAL repertoire that I know of that strike me as at all similar to Au Lait are Milk Moon and Chaste Moon, neither of which is going to be easy to obtain or any cheaper than Au Lait. On some skin Au Lait can have a butterscotch-y note similar to the Irish coffee in Miskatonic University -- but that too is an LE out of production. It's probably just best to shell out the bucks for a bottle of Au Lait, though I know DSH can be pricey.

Milky perfumes love my skin.

so I'll second Milk Moon and Chaste Moon, and add Dragons Milk.

I finally got my Milk Moon today and I also have Au Lait (thanks tempete :P). Milk Moon has the minty lunar oils at first but when it dries down, at least on me, it's very similar to Au Lait. Especially if you get a strong tonka note from Au Lait like I do, Milk Moon is all tonka in the dry down. I can't recommend Chaste Moon because at least on me, the lunar oils overwhelmed the milky notes and I didn't notice any tonka at all in it.

Another oil that may work for you is Perversion, it has that tonka note in it. It's very dependent on skin chemistry though, it actually doesn't work on me, the leather and musk overpower everything but on a friend of mine, it's creamy tonka heaven.

Tonka goodness is big in: Snake Oil and Hollywood Babylon, too. I really suspect that Snake Oil is the most tonka blend, but I am not an expert (boo hoo).

bumping this thread in hopes that more milky scents have come out recently :P (I've tried all the ones mentioned here)

There's Obtala of course (sp?) but...but...MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sudha Segara is milky as in chai, Dana O'Shee might fill your bill, too. You might also want to try out the caramel like ones, many of those are LE's though: Midway, Mitzvah for example. Also try searching on the Lab site for all the things you could be looking for and things that are close: milk, cream, creamy, milky, sweet, etc. You might want to investigate the sugar/honey connection as well. Sometimes the things that are close or related to what you are looking for surprise you, and those are the ones which hit the spot. Good luck. I am a milky lover too.

Sudha Segara is milky as in chai, Dana O'Shee might fill your bill, too. You might also want to try out the caramel like ones, many of those are LE's though: Midway, Mitzvah for example. Also try searching on the Lab site for all the things you could be looking for and things that are close: milk, cream, creamy, milky, sweet, etc. You might want to investigate the sugar/honey connection as well. Sometimes the things that are close or related to what you are looking for surprise you, and those are the ones which hit the spot. Good luck. I am a milky lover too.

Hmm...I've tried all the ones you've mentioned :P I think I may have to just wait for the next update :D

Sign in to follow this