Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kimchi

The Ides of March 2005

… A mixture of springtime greenery and classical Roman cologne: rosemary, bergamot, lemon rind and vervain with costus, benzoin, gray amber, cardamom, white narcissus and iris.

This smells, in the best possible way, dear readers, like the green vegetable section of the grocery store. Celery, parsley, cilantro and fresh herbs. I'm kicking myself that I missed wearing it this March 15. It is not a sweet green scent, and I cannot detect any florals or citrus, despite the notes listed.

I've had this bottle for a while and I haven't worn it much. I'll run it past the boy to see if he wants it, or if it goes into the PIF pile.

I have had the bottle for a long time and rarely used it, and I am now trying to work my way through my stash rather than succumbing to the ever-present temptation to buy New & Shiny BPAL.

Something in this blend smells like a Lunacy - it’s a watery herbal-floral blend and I have a hard time parsing individual fragrances from it.  It’s always been like this, which is why I haven’t used it - it smells like one big blobby scent rather than my nose being able to pick out individual notes.  I read back through all of the previous reviews and have sniffed and sniffed trying to pick things out, but alas, it continues smelling like one inseparable thing.

It’s fine.  I’m going to use it because I have it, but it’s not a favorite nor did it get better with age. My youngest says it makes my hair smell nice when he hugs me, so that’s the best kind of review.