Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
katalia

Personal check?

Has anyone paid by personal check (via snail mail, of course)? Did it take any longer than paying by money order snail mail? How much longer than by credit card? The address I listed for shipping will be unavailable to me after May 12, and I'm worried my order will get there too late. I mailed it in 3/23 and nothing has been taken out of my bank account yet... Should I (can I?) e-mail the lab and have the shipping address changed? It would be changed to the same address that's on the check, so it'd be clear that I'm not trying to steal someone's order..

Thanks, and I hope this is on the right board :P .

I know this isn't about checks, especially but I just looked around the BPAL FAQ area...I came to questions about money orders:

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=7594

Which lead me to specifications about money orders from the Lab's Customer Service Goddess:

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=7001

Please note that if you do send us payment via snail mail your order will be processed as the date it was received.

I'll be paying by check and would like to confirm if this is what's meant by "completed order form" in the FAQ, or is there a form download I'm not finding?

Also, do snail mail orders have to figure sales tax into their payments?

Well, I got my order just fine, so I guess i'm somthing of an expert now :P .

When I sent in my order, I did everything through the site (click "buy 6 imps" or "buy 5mL", etc), then printed out the form online that lists the items in your cart, then wrote the ship to address on the bottom of that page.

I didn't do sales tax... do you live in California?

Does that help?

I'm sending in a snail mail order and my question is, what's the Lab's address?? The one on the Lab's site is different from the return address on the box for my last order received(HGM/CT III). I would guess it's the return address(received after the Lab's recent move), on the recent order, but since the site's *just* been updated...???

*confused*

TIA :P

I'm sending in a snail mail order and my question is, what's the Lab's address?? The one on the Lab's site is different from the return address on the box for my last order received(HGM/CT III). I would guess it's the return address(received after the Lab's recent move), on the recent order, but since the site's *just* been updated...???

*confused*

TIA :P

I'm pretty sure that it's the Hillhurst address for the orders. I don't think that you necessarily send the money to the return shipping address. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that all of the info on the faq page is current and updated.

I would actually hold off on ordering until you hear back from answers @ blackphoenixalchemylab dot com...I'm not sure that the Hillhurst addy is still good. I'll try to get ahold of Beth on this, but my best bet would be the return address on your recently received order.

And when you have the info, one way or another, can you post it here, Morrighana? I sent an order foolishly during the move (with money order) to the Hillhurst addie and am suspecting it was never received. (*sigh*).

Would be so happy to send another order, but I need to know it is going to reach the right people and be welcomed tenderly.

*nods*

But of course!

Did you file a claim on the money order, Jarvenpa? Back in my pre-Paypal ebay days, I had to do that a few times, and only once did I not get my $ back...

alas, I have been searching for my MO receipt and not finding it...(and I can't blame Mercury retrograde now, either). It's okay--I'll chalk it up to learning experiences if I don't find it, and keep better records!

I'm guessing it's the return address on the box. I emailed the Lab the same day I posted here('cause I'm impatient, heh), haven't heard back yet.

Mistress Beth assures me that the Hillhurst addy is correct for sending cheques to. :P

Thank you!!

One more reply to this.

I just placed an order by snail mail and had an email from Sara at the lab suggesting I use a Sherman Way address in the future, as that mailbox is checked more frequently than the Hillshurst box. (I emailed the lab because I had mailed my order a few weeks ago but not gotten a confirmation message yet.)

I can post the complete address she gave me, but thought I would hold off on that in case it's NOT what the Lab prefers...let me know if you want me to post it.

No, I think it's ok. Beth said that the Hillhurst addy is not an error on the site, so I'd leave it at that. It's good to know that you can use either, though, and anyone who has already got one order from the Lab (since the move anyway) will have the other addy...

If I place a Lunacy order via snail-mail during the Lunacy (say, today) but it arrives after the oils come down, is my order considered too late to process?

The faqs say "Please keep in mind, however, that we will not process any order until the money clears."

A very old post from 2004 regarding money orders says, "Please note that if you do send us payment via snail mail your order will be processed as the date it was received", but since that's not how it's currently worded on the site I can't tell whether it still applies.

I'd email the lab, but since it's a Saturday and there's a lot going on with the wedding, I'm not sure anyone could get back to me about it today.

Anyone know?

Sign in to follow this