Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Pennyroyal

Sharp, cleansing pennyroyal - this is the real thing! It's absolutely biting and clears my sinuses, head, and the room before eventually mellowing to a moderately minty and vaguely medicinal scent.

I actually like this one, but it's for use in small doses, and you should avoid this like the plague if you're pregnant. It gives my mother headaches, and is sharp enough that some may not want to try this if they're sensitive to scents, too.

Pennyroyal SN starts out with a biting blaze of mentholic/mint with a slight herbal/medicinal background. It is very much the same sort of smell as in Pain, minus the lavender.

My skin literally eats this up though.

Wow.. this is really nice!

I'm finding it to be a mentholated mint.. not like that muscle-ache relief cream type menthol, but a lovely natural and clean menthol. So overall it smells minty, but not in an obvious way like you'd get from peppermint or spearmint which always smell a little artificial to me. This somehow smells very natural and clean.

I got the same thing as ZZ though.. my skin ate it up very quickly so what started out as a blast of refreshing mint dried down very quickly to a soft, faint mint. The smell didn't really change as such though - it just got a lot less intense.

So, I just got my bottle of Pennyroyal in the mail today. Totally purchased it having absolutely no familiarity with the note beyond it being apparently minty and also something not used in Chaos Theories. ONWARDS!

The bottle scent opens with a blast of cold mint, backed by something distinctly medicinally herbal. It's actually quite pleasant, like a natural pain relief salve.

On the skin, it retains those qualities, though up close and personal I find it falls flat and... dare I say... smells kind of like band-aids. Hiya, skin chemistry in action! But the throw is a sharp, yet somehow mellow mintiness. Kind of like wintergreen to my nose, but not quite. It's definitely sinus clearing, but unlike peppermint I don't find myself cringing away. It seems better in the throw. Very stimulating! I've been up since this time yesterday, and this has me feeling quite alert once more.

It does seem to fade fast, but I can still smell a coldness as I breathe in.

Very nice!

(And I am too out of it to make this follow my usual format, but it's a single note so.)