Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I have no idea what's going on. In bottle: CARMEX. Like the medicated lip balm. Creamy and slightly camphoric.

On my skin: I'm sniffing desperately for....the tea, the lemon, anything. But still... CARMEX lip balm. Maybe a hint of lemon.

Drydown is all warm vanilla sugar.

Maybe it's my nose and my skin. I get no tea whatsoever. I committed to a full bottle because the descriptions were so yummy. It's going to just sit in my closet and age. Maybe it'll be good later on, or maybe I'll gift it to someone for whom it'll cooperate. It might smell better on my baby daddy.

Edited by SimonsSays

The new formulation of Dorian is nothing like the original Dorian, and I wish that the Lab were more clear about it being so different.  In my opinion, the reformulation shares nothing in common with the original Dorian. I don't think that the new perfume should even be sold under the name of Dorian because I've noticed the new version on so many sale pages and I know that, for myself, I bought a bottle of new Dorian because I assumed it would at least be similar to the original, and it isn't at all.  The original is cool toned, smooth, creamy, perfectly unisex, and just absolutely full of the smoothest, coolest, creamiest, delicately sweet vanilla.  It is one of my signature scents and has been for nearly 20 years now. 

The new version is warm, perfumey, powdery, dry (all qualities that are directly opposite of the original) and it smells sort of like pink musk and old fashioned women's perfume with tons of baby powder.  I wouldn't recognize this new version as Dorian at all if I weren't holding the bottle with the same name/label in my hand.  And there's no way that this will age into anything resembling the OG Dorian either. 

I think that this new Dorian should have had a different name entirely because it's so completely different and now there's confusion in the community over 'what year of Dorian' and people thinking they have the OG when it's the new one.  I've had people tell me that they're glad they didn't buy OG Dorian on ebay because they hate the reformulated version that they got and I'm like no, they're not the same; not even close.  The new Dorian is priced at $32 and I don't think that it is worth it at all (whereas I don't blink twice paying $100 for the original, which I have now hoarded).  The new Dorian is so bone dry and powdery that I cannot even wear it for a full day without scrubbing it off.  So it went from being my favorite bpal and my signature scent to a complete scrubber for me.  I feel like the new Snake Oil retained at least some of its original character in its reformulation, even though it's quite different, but Dorian hasn't retained anything familiar.

I hope that people don't read the older reviews of Dorian and think that that is what they are purchasing if they buy a bottle of what is currently available.