Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A mermaid’s delight: pearlescent orris butter, polished coral, lilac-blushed choya nakh, ambergris foam, osmanthus petals, salt-crusted driftwood, honey dust, white grapefruit peel, cerulean musk, golden flecks of sea-speckled amber, and bittersweet mimosa.

To my nose, this is more gourmand-smelling than floral or aquatic, but I know the floral notes are adding to its complexity. At first, the honey dust dominates the scent. While I don't mind this note, it's also not one I gravitate towards. However, as the scent wears the other notes peek out. Next I get some saltiness, which turns the honey into a salted caramel kind of scent. The grapefruit is tart; the florals stay very tame (at least on me). I think the cerulean musk and amber keep this from going too far into the food direction and generally give the scent a "sparkly" feel (similar to Awake, if you've tried it), but they aren't easy for me to pinpoint on their own.

As the scent warms on the skin there's a bit of a "toasty" note I'm guessing is the choya nakh? But it's pretty subtle. I dig it. As for the ambergris, I can tell it's adding to the backbone of the scent and just adding to the prettiness as it wears over time. It's more perfumey at this stage. 

This scent lasts a long time on me and in its final stage smells like cotton candy. It's a very interesting scent overall with a lot of fun changes as it wears . . . just beware the initial honey dust blast if that isn't your favorite note. A lovely mermaid treasure of a perfume. 🧜‍♀️