Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wow! I have been having great luck with the Shungas this year and this one is no exception.

Full disclosure, I was not sure about it in the bottle or wet. This one starts more muted before blooming on my skin. The honey and coconut milk were the first to take center stage; it never got too sweet, though, which is great because my skin amplifies sweet things. The red currant was hard to pick out on its own and seemed to just lightly color the edges.

It stayed very coconut milk-forward throughout the first few hours of dry-down. I put this on around 6:30 AM and now it's about 11 AM and now I'm getting a honeyed (Nepalese, possibly?) amber. Not too thick, not at all cloying. It's sexy and confident, without demanding attention. Grounded, effortless. Infinitely wearable, my skin but better. I am obsessed. 

Mmm ... honey and coconut milk with hints of red currant. This is really lovely. I think that coconut milk softens the honey and red currant so that they don't become too sweet or cloying. The amber is subtle and comes out further into the dry down. The final stage of of this is a soft honeyed, coconut milk with a background of red currant and amber.  It's kind of a comforting, happy scent, that I've been reaching for quite alot.