Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A fable in scent: bone-white sandalwood aged with beeswax and balsam, crushed grass and juniper berries, ambrette seed, and lupine musk.

Wolf Moon 2024 is soooo good.  It has a smooth musk and greenery that reminds me of the original Buck Moon at first.  
It's crisp night air (a creamy white musk?) and a sky full of twinkling stars, rolling in a bed of tulips and smelling the scent of their smushed stems, green and cool, with the sandalwood and balsam giving off a mix of dry, slightly powdery sandalwood and the scent of freshly cut trees pulled into a woodshop where furniture is being made.  The beeswax gives everything a beautiful, creamy, vanilla-y beeswax sweetness at the edges and makes the scent something of a woody gourmand over time.
After about an hour, the green part mostly fades away and it leaves behind the warm, smooth woods blend with creamy sweetness and still that airy, cool, nighttime impression.
My brother is a carpenter and there's an edge to the wood that's caramelized and just a teensy bit smoky, which reminded me of him making furniture in the garage and the scent of wood when it's heated and cut.
I expected something darker and heavier out of Wolf Moon '24, but this is bright, cuddly, and cheerful while still making me think of roaming around in the night, and I love that there's nothing sharp or overwhelming about it.  "Smooth" is the word that comes into my head every time that I smell it.

I also love how the duets are being done this year, taking notes from the Lunacy blend and mixing it with a new note.  I ordered Balsam & Leather with the Moon because bpal's leather is a safe bet for me, but now I want Grass & Midnight Dew and the Lupine Musk and Ambrette Seed hair gloss as well, and maybe the Beeswax & Pine Needle.  I think it's so cool that you could love a note within a blend, go back for a variation of that note, and layer it with the original blend to amp up certain qualities.  An all around awesome idea that I'm definitely going to be addicted to, lol.