Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
doomsday_disco

Cthulhu Beard Oil

"If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings… It represented a monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. This thing, which seemed instinct with a fearsome and unnatural malignancy, was of a somewhat bloated corpulence…"

A creeping, wet, slithering scent, dripping with seaweed, oceanic plants and dark, unfathomable waters.

Cthulhu is one of my favorite and most reached for GC scents, and I was thrilled to see it become available in beard oil format! I have a lot of beard and I have found that BPAL's beard oil formulation works very well on me.

The scent is very true to its perfume oil counterpart, and I'm going to quote my description of that here:

This scent is something very specific to my brain: being on the Mendoncino (Northern California) coast in an early summer storm. This is a vivid scent memory of walking on the Mendocino Headlands as a summer storm blew in back when I wa in high school and went out there in the summers: sea spray and that ozonic storm smell and flowers blooming in amongst the sea grasses that blanket the headlands. There's the smell of seaweed in the ocean air, but not the way it gets weird when on the shore too long.

The beard oil scent is very similar, but it is a touch more mellow and a touch more herbal. I am happy that it is a beard oil with a reasonable amount of throw and scent strength (not too much, but enough to be a pleasant experience for me). I predict this is rapidly going to become my most reached for beard oil.

I'd love to see more of the Picnic in Arkham scents as beard oils as well!